6 months ago
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
An outstanding opportunity has arisen to join the Consumer EMEA Business Performance & Analytics, with a focus on ICC.
ICC is a proprietary issuing business issuing premium (Centurion and Platinum) consumer charge currency cards. ICC’s products are distributed primarily through private banks, with products denominated in Euro, Dollar and Sterling, to High Net Worth and Ultra-High Net Worth individuals. The products are issued from the UK with Cardmembers present in ~150 countries.
ICC has distribution partnerships with banks in various countries, including major global banks such as HSBC, UBS, Credit Suisse and Citibank.
This position is an exciting opportunity to help further the growth and profitability of ICC, through close partnership and collaboration with key stakeholders. The incumbent will be expected to own delivery of insights mostly to the ICC marketing & BD teams, including performing ad-hoc and recurring analyses and providing actionable data-driven recommendations.
He/she will also provide support to help in identifying and addressing business issues leveraging analytical tools, and will be expected to develop and analytically explore hypotheses to drive business performance.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to experience firsthand the breath of initiatives constantly underway in one of AXP´s most significant proprietary consumer Card markets, whilst providing business-critical support and with significant accountability to drive results and deliver key insights and analysis to the UKICC team. The ideal candidate will have some experience of operating in or supporting a market environment.
The Business Performance & Insights Manager role will report directly to the Business Performance & Analytics Director, and will drive a number of initiatives which are critical for running, and growing the business, not limited to, but including:
* Acting as subject matter expert, and close advisor to both the GM and the VP of ICC on the business, and providing thought leadership, as well as data and insights, on strategic projects across the business;
* Responsible for running the process for bank commissions for all ICC bank partners. This is a complex and multi-stage process given the number of banks in the portfolio with differing commercial terms;
* Providing senior management updates on ICC performance, including insights and suggested actions for the team to drive improvements on all components of the billings waterfall;
* Delivering data and insights to a select number of top bank partners as per contractual terms of these partnerships;
* Driving sales effectiveness and efficiency across the business development team – leading on sales target-setting, forecasting, sales ranking, performance reporting etc.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Excellent analytical skills, including SAS proficiency, and expert Excel skills
* Proven problem solver with proactive attitude
* Strong communicator – able to digest complex information, but convey facts and insights effectively to multiple audiences, including external partners
* Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
* Team player – the individual will need to collaborate effectively across ICC and the regional team, supporting the business development and Marketing teams with insights to drive growth initiatives
* Ability to thrive under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
* University degree or equivalent experience
* Experience of B2B and B2C businesses would be an advantage (ICC is a hybrid of B2B and B2C business)
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 13, 2018, 9:47:48 AM