5 months ago
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you an experienced Ecommerce manager looking for your next role or a senior manager with a strong track record in ecom? Then we'd love to hear from you!
WHY WORK FOR THE BODY SHOP?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
WHO ARE NATURA &CO?
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura &Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969.
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
To lead E-commerce production and operations in the EMEA zone, step-changing conversion performance
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
* Management of a team responsible for maintaining 10 EMEA websites ensuring timely delivery of event content optimising for mobile and search as well as supporting Franchise E-Commerce community providing best practice and guidance to 20 sites and supporting the launch into new markets
* Full ownership of the Production & Operations execution to cover the EMEA Zone and to define the strategic direction of the EMEA zone web properties, sensitive to International goals
* Work with brand, creative and marketing teams to ensure that the site experience stays fresh and delivers on customer expectations; continually refine processes to ensure we are able to react quickly to new learnings
* Responsible for overseeing online event activation, content management, site optimisation, customer care and relationships with fulfilment partners and to continually evolve our landing page strategy for key channels.
* Accountable for delivery and onsite execution of a successful promotional plan in conjunction with the trading team
* Ownership of “Conversion & Operations” roadmap, in partnership with Senior Leaders across Marketing & Trading with a natural ability to move and shift priorities quickly (i.e. “trade the site”)
* Tracking of the order funnel with regular optimizations by customer type, product and region, working closely with other team leads on other areas of the funnel (i.e. build and payments)
* Oversee SEO strategy, working with partner agencies and all relevant teams to maximize opportunities staying on top of all major developments in this space
* Lead the continued evolution of the Operations team dashboard to ensure we are measuring against the right KPIs and have a deep understanding of how the sites are performing across regions, products, and customer type. Mitigate risk by continued proactive monitoring of traffic and engagement trends
* Champion major testing efforts across the browse experience, partnering with IT and building a “test and learn” culture across an expanded team.Work hand-in-hand with International UX lead and optimisation analyst, creating top class experiences that follow best practices
· Experience in Ecommerce is required
· Enthusiasm and aptitude for working in a fast-paced environment
· Highly self-directed and process/results-oriented
· Experienced in using analytics tools to understand customer behavior
· Full understanding of E-commerce spectrum from marketing to user-centric design to fulfilment and logistics
· Sound understanding of how to present the most important aspects of a product/Brand to customers to support the purchase decision
· Skilled with web technologies to be able to meet the hands-on demands of the role. Knowledgeable and experienced in Front-end technologies
· HTML / Design experience preferred but not essential
· Strong people management, experience in international stakeholder management / networking and agency management essential
· Language skills ideal but not essential (French, Dutch, German, Spanish, Swedish or Danish)
Our Global Support Centre is located in the heart of Littlehampton, West Sussex. On site there is a state of the art distribution centre, conference centre, a 1950’s ‘Uncle Fred’s Diner’, a nursery and an onsite allotment area for staff.
Want to join the Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary, here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, access to Perks At Work our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development. We have also implemented ‘Work Wise’ into our HQ - flexibility of ‘in-office’ hours, the ability to work remotely and a new meeting charter. Here at The Body Shop we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!