5 months ago
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you an experienced Ecommerce manager looking for your next role or a senior manager with a strong track record in ecom as well as an individual with robust commercial acumen? Then we'd love to hear from you!
WHY WORK FOR THE BODY SHOP?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
WHO ARE NATURA &CO?
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura &Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969.
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
To lead and deliver best-in-class online trading and merchandising across EMEA E-Commerce and to share best practice and key learning’s across ecommerce globally. Key measures to be sales, discount, margin, ATB, bounce rate, abandon basket and conversion.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
* Full strategic & tactical ownership of the online trading & merchandising strategy to cover the EMEA Zone, including the support of specific markets outside of the EMEA territory
* Ownership and Execution of weekly trade plans operating within commercial guard rails
* Management of a team responsible for driving sales and profit across multiple websites ensuring timely delivery of an optimised, well merchandised product set
* Key liaison with country & regional stakeholders to ensure seamless planning and execution in conjunction with local event plans
* Working in close proximity to wider Customer Commercial team to build forecasts and initiate rigorous processes to maximise stock position
* Review, revise & manage the search and merchandising tools to improve site navigation and deliver a positive customer journey by country
* Drive the delivery and optimisation of succinct trade reports to International / Market stakeholders
* Report and monitor KPI performance (sales, click-through, add to bag, conversion), with focus on browse-to-buy performance for all country sites across EMEA
* Creation of robust market/channel specific forecasts with focus on retail sales, discount and margin including contribution to market P&L commentary for E-commerce
* Forecasting units/transactions to support DC operations and commercial planning
· Experience in Ecommerce based trading role is essential
· Enthusiasm and aptitude for working in a fast-paced environment
· Highly self-directed and process/results-oriented individual
· Strong understanding of P&L structure, especially sales, discount and margin
· Experienced in using analytics tools to understand customer behavior
· Sound understanding of how to present the most important aspects of a product/Brand to customers to support the purchase decision
· An analytical mind set, with the ability to understand the full picture
· Ability to lead, coach, motivate and develop a team ensuring that performance is regularly reviewed and that succession and development is supported
· Experience in international stakeholder management / networking and agency management essential
· Language skills ideal but not essential (French, Dutch, German, Spanish, Swedish or Danish)
Our Global Support Centre is located in the heart of Littlehampton, West Sussex. On site there is a state of the art distribution centre, conference centre, a 1950’s ‘Uncle Fred’s Diner’, a nursery and an onsite allotment area for staff.
Want to join the Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary, here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, access to Perks At Work our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development. We have also implemented ‘Work Wise’ into our HQ - flexibility of ‘in-office’ hours, the ability to work remotely and a new meeting charter. Here at The Body Shop we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!