6 months ago
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you in a commercial/merchandiser role and looking to move into ecom or an ecom manager with a thirst for delving deeper into performance? Then we'd love to hear from you!
WHY WORK FOR THE BODY SHOP?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
WHO ARE NATURA &CO?
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura &Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969.
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
Primarily responsible for driving the trade plans and all merchandising for the allocated territory website(s), focusing on improving the customer experience, increasing the basket size and driving conversion across the site
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
* Drive sales, conversion, margin, inventory turn, site optimization and manage web KPI's (category conversion, Average Order Value, abandon cart, etc…)
* Provide trade analysis, commentary and recommendations to involved stakeholders and in conjunction with Head of Trading & Merchandising, devise and communicate a promo plan optimized for ecom, based on prior analysis and current objectives whilst aligning with multichannel strategy where pertinent to do so
* Partner with Commercial team to ensure alignment on product & category strategies between store & site
* Actively analyze promotion & product performance, making recommendations to help drive conversion and increase the basket size
* Responsible for the day-to-day management of site merchandising, partnering with Ecom Operations on promotional & product updates. Merchandise website products based on current and forecasted sales objectives, key seasons, and website selling data to maximize sales performance
* Provide Ecom Operations and Performance Marketing with updated event briefs, promotional SKU lists, new product categorization, and subcategory rankings for each event
* Liaise with Zone Supply Chain to communicate E-Commerce business strategies and trends as well as event plans to ensure optimal stock levels; coordinate resolution of out-of-stock issues
* Manage, in conjunction with the Head of Trading & Merchandising, the on-site search and navigational strategy, optimizing for both product findability and site sales
* Liaise with market CRM teams to optimize trading emails and ensure accuracy across channels
* Realize online competitive intelligence to maintain the brand’s competitive advantage
* Minimum of 3 years Commercial/Merchandiser experience, preferably with experience in online merchandising
* Enthusiasm and aptitude for working in a fast-paced environment
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills and proficient with Word, and PowerPoint
* Experienced in using analytics tools to understand customer behavior and respond with merchandising activities
* HTML / Design experience preferred but not essential
* Language skills ideal but not essential (French, Dutch, Swedish or Danish)
* Degree level or equivalent qualification desirable but not essential
Our Global Support Centre is located in the heart of Littlehampton, West Sussex. On site there is a state of the art distribution centre, conference centre, a 1950’s ‘Uncle Fred’s Diner’, a nursery and an onsite allotment area for staff.
Want to join the Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary, here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, access to Perks At Work our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development. We have also implemented ‘Work Wise’ into our HQ - flexibility of ‘in-office’ hours, the ability to work remotely and a new meeting charter. Here at The Body Shop we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!