5 months ago
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com, is seeking a talented, self-directed senior marketing professional to lead the EMEA marketing strategy focused on Education. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, industry-leading technology business.
This role will be responsible for leading the development of the EMEA Education marketing strategy and plan. Education is defined as higher education/secondary, research institutions and publishers. This includes driving foundational messaging elements that are part of field and industry marketing activities such as key events, marketing collateral and assets, digital marketing strategy and other customer-facing programs designed to drive further adoption of AWS among technical influencers and decision makers in this industry. The successful candidate will also be responsible for measuring and reporting on all marketing activities, showing direct impact to the business. This person will lead a growing team of talented marketing professionals and will also lead collaboration with the broader marketing organization (events, digital, content, product marketing) to oversee successful execution of all education field marketing activities. Successful candidates must be able to recognize the needs of this specialized market segments and use this understanding to create targeted messaging/content and customer facing campaigns in alignment with business objectives.
The ideal candidate has a passion for and experience in public sector, specifically education, has an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to quickly grasp technology concepts. Candidate must be able to generate and present marketing content and be well versed in all aspects of field marketing campaign development and execution.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Responsible for developing the overall marketing strategy to drive awareness and demand generation campaigns for AWS in education
· Build digital campaigns that address the differing needs of both technical and non-technical users and buyers
· Oversee all field marketing execution for education
· Stay up to date on current trends and customer insights in education
· Be successful business partner to the education sales lead and broader sales and technical teams
· Craft and develop compelling messaging and tools focused on customers for use on the web, at live events and in customer facing programs.
· Work with the rest of the education marketing team and broader Public Sector marketing team to distill key functionality and benefits into core marketing messages that resonate with this audience.
· Identify and execute breakthrough marketing activities that reach target audiences.
· Deliver clear, concise content for websites and social media.
· Work closely with marketing and sales teammates to achieve business goals.
· Proven work experience in marketing, marketing communications and/or digital/high-technology companies/products to public sector IT customers.
· Proven track record creating compelling positioning and marketing content for Public Sector.
· Strong digital marketing background
· Demonstrated ability to tie marketing programs to ROI metrics
· Ability to develop effective marketing assets (product videos, web content) within tight deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology product success.
· A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and a knack for driving and/or being associated with benchmark industry products/services.
· Accomplished range of skills from high level strategic thinking to creative and execution.
· Proven success in managing complex and multi-faceted, measured marketing programs with the ability to drive projects through completion and metrics.
· The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously.
· Superior presentation and written communication skills.
· The ability to create innovative and targeted marketing programs that generate results.
· Understanding of government and education procurement techniques
· The candidate must also be a strong leader and excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate program recommendations and tradeoffs to senior executives.
· A bachelor's degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study.