6 months ago
Since 2006, AWS has changed the way that organisations acquire and use technology by providing a highly-scalable, cost-effective, and flexible technology platform in the cloud. AWS is growing rapidly around the world with millions of active customers using the platform every month ranging from startups to Fortune 500 corporations.
To support this rapid growth AWS EMEA is seeking a highly professional, experienced communications and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) expert to lead Internal Communications and CSR for the business across EMEA. The purpose of the role is to build and manage the AWS CSR programme and related media relations activity, as well as internal communications and corporate marketing communications for all employees across EMEA. This role will help to build an understanding of the significant contributions made by AWS to our customers, communities, employees, and corporate stakeholders, as well as local economies, where we have offices, and society as a whole.
The role requires an intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated, and creative communications professional. This individual will have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic organisation and have a track record of generating results, as well as extensive experience in project management. They will pay painstaking attention to important details.
Excellent writing skills are imperative for this role. The successful candidate must think and communicate clearly and be able to formulate a clear viewpoint on complicated issues, creating a concise and well-written narrative to express this opinion. They will develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges.
Charismatic and a natural relationship builder, they will have an influential voice and credibility with charities and other NGOs, local councils, journalists, and senior executives. This role will also work closely with the AWS Head of EMEA, and entire leadership team, taking their vision and packaging it into communications to teams in offices spanning many countries and many cultures. The successful candidate will also be prepared to roll up their sleeves and get work done, even when at times it sits outside the scope of the role’s direct remit.
· Support delivery of the CSR vision and governance model
· Act as an advisor to the AWS Head of EMEA and wider leadership team on CSR issues and opportunities
· Manage external stakeholder engagement with NGOs and industry experts to ensure stakeholders are aware of activity and to build AWS’s reputation as a good corporate citizen
· Deliver flagship CSR programmes and campaigns
· Create and manage the internal and external communication and stakeholder engagement plan in support of CSR programmes
· Devise and implement communications goals, strategies, and tactical PR campaigns and programmes in partnership with the AWS EMEA PR team that increase awareness of our corporate citizenship and CSR work
· Effectively represent AWS as an external spokesperson with relevant stakeholders
· Develop and deliver internal communications plans targeted at employees in different business units, and across different offices in EMEA, to support employee engagement
· Help to create and deliver inspiring brand-led communications content and activities to an employee audience, ensuring consistency, quality, and excellence in all work
· Create a clear, consistent, and engaging story for the business in a complex and rapidly changing business environment; ensure all internal communications is aligned with business objectives
· Support the on-going development of the internal brand
· Deliver a number of large-scale employee events across the year including engagement activity and all company meetings
· Work closely with the AWS Head of EMEA to effectively deliver their vision to teams spread across a number of offices and business units
· Substantial progressive experience in an agency/in-house communications and CSR experience
· Track record of successful delivery of large scale corporate communications campaigns
· Extensive understanding of working effectively with charities, NGOs, media, industry analyst, and other corporate influencers
· Proven experience of managing large projects across a different countries and disciplines to tight timescales
· Experience of working closely with senior stakeholders
· Background in navigating complex business structures
· Knowledge of the EMEA technology landscape preferred
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong strategic thinking, analytical, and organisational skills, while also staying on top of tactical execution
· Comfortable working on their own to deliver high quality results
· Excellent awareness of business environment and ability to react quickly to protect business interests
· Exhibits excellent business judgment
· Has relentlessly high standards
· Ensures integrated communications approach, considering all audiences and communications channels
· Expects and requires innovation of themselves and those around them
· Thinks big and has convictions
· Is action and results oriented
· Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others