4 months ago
Employer Brand Manager - Security (113816)
: Business Analysis and Planning
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Lanarkshire-Glasgow, UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Gloucestershire-Cheltenham, UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Newcastle upon Tyne-Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Lancashire-Manchester, UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-West Midlands-Birmingham, UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Antrim-Belfast, UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Avon-Bristol, UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Suffolk-Ipswich
Salary : Competitive
: May 8, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Employer Brand Manager – Security
Location: UK Wide - Office based
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
BT Security is the growth story of BT Group. Since forming a unified security organisation in 2014, BT Security has successfully prevented any financially impacting attack (defending 459 cyber incidents) and grown revenues of £0.5bn. The next phase of the journey is to double the size of our revenues in 5 years to £1bn. In order to do so, we need to fully leverage our differentiators in the market: the combination of our technology and the skills of our people to deliver security services that customers need and want.
The scarce skill set in market presents a challenge to attract talent over and above what BT normally face. This highly skilled, in demand population, look to join organisations that are leaders in the sector to take their experience to the next level. Therefore BT Security needs to establish itself as an employer of choice to enable ourselves to protect the brand & stand out from our competitors. To do this requires creating a momentum of attract, retain and develop initiatives to mitigate the expectation of churn.
As a result, this role is responsible for developing the BT Security employer brand designed to attract the quality and volume of candidates required of a growing organisation. For our brand to be credible, it must be underpinned by a strategic integrated marketing, communications and corporate responsibility strategy. Delivering the brand uplift and will be the benchmark of success of this role.
What you'll be doing
You will have the opportunity to share why one of the most iconic brands is also the right career destination for the top Security talent of the world.
The role is an unrivalled combination of leadership across traditional employer branding responsibilities and innovative ideas to re-define how candidates experience the BT Security brand. You will directly support the team to effectively guide candidates to make one of the most important decisions of their lives, and the best decision they could make. And to you, that is not work – that is impact.
You will be delivering a step change in BT’s market profile as an employer of security professionals. You will do this by leading, designing, developing and executing Security’s employer brand strategy. And this will be achieved by working in partnership with the Group recruitment delivery, brand, marketing, corporate responsibility and communications teams to translate the current and future demands globally to build Security’s employer brand and improve talent acquisition and retention.
We’ll need you to bring you’re ‘A’ game - demonstrating creativity, best in class marketing, communications and corporate responsibility experience that will help nurture a healthy, diverse pipeline of Security talent at all levels.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Ability to develop a metrics a winning employer brand and communications programme.
* Experience in building effective metrics driven marketing, and communications strategies that help candidates clearly understand the value inherent in a career at BT Security.
* Brilliant knowledge of social media, digital marketing, events and creative communications to bring to life our employer value proposition.
* Ability to drive and build our corporate responsibility programmes in collaboration with Group is desirable
* Bucket loads of creativity and the ability to look at things differently, bringing energy and passion to Security’s employer brand to help us stand out from the crowd
* A great communicator with strong copywriting and content creation skills, including the ability to tell a compelling story
* Super organised and savvy when it comes to external events: ability to identify, coordinate and attend events (job fairs, conferences etc.) which will materially contribute to demand fulfilment.
* A track record of first class stakeholder management and achievement within a large, complex organisation - able to work effectively across a matrix of different teams in Security, Global Services and Group.
* Ability to develop external partnerships: build relationships with 3rd parties to increase pipeline of talent.
* Deep understanding of the latest marketing and communications tools, channels and methods available to a modern talent acquisition function. You’ll also need to be a whizz with analytics and presenting meaningful metrics as you’ll regularly report on usage and performance of recruitment advertising, digital and social media channels
* Demonstrated ability to empowering teams to use social media and develop their personal brands through the facilitation of one-to-one training and group workshops
* We’d also like to win some awards: Desirable but not essential would be the ability to coordinate the submissions to awards and top lists (GPTW, Best Companies, Employee Experience Awards etc.)
We'll also need to see these behaviours on your CV
* You’re someone who can take a large problem and come up with lots of possible solutions, get people on board and make them happen fast, taking intelligent shortcuts when needed.
* Calm under pressure: you remain cool as a cucumber no matter how many deliverables you are juggling at any one time
* Willing to go the extra mile: you will genuinely strive to make Security the coolest workplace on the planet
* Approachable: you will be championing a positive and proactive culture across the business.
* You deeply care about and advocate for the corporate social responsibility, diversity, inclusivity and equality agenda
* Learning oriented (curious, up to date with latest thinking and external trends)
* A combination of being strategic, as well as creative
* Agility – manage day to day tactical with strategic demands
* Structured – problem solving and day to day activities and great attention to detail
* Hard wired to business plan (always questions ‘why’)
* Grounded in operational reality
* Commercial grip (always looking to measure success, and keeps the objective in mind)
* Grit and determination
* Politically savvy, and emotionally intelligent
Why choose us?
We’ve always been an organisation with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world. You can trace this back to our beginning as pioneers of the world’s first telecommunications company. At our heart, we’re a technology company with research and innovation in our bones, and a desire to be personal, simple, and brilliant for our customers. Those are the values we live by.
Our pursuit of progress over the past 180 years has established BT as a strong, successful brand, with huge scale, capable of achieving great things. From supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe, and secure. To delivering large scale technology infrastructure like the London 2012 Olympics, and the creation of BT Sport.
Today, in this fast changing, always on, digital world, our purpose remains true to create a safer connected world. Yet the market conditions, regulation and competition we face are tougher than ever before. So if you have the drive, optimism, and resilience to help propel us forward, we’ll offer unrivalled personal development, a wealth of opportunities to learn, experience new things, and pursue new careers. If that’s you, and what you’re looking for. We’d love you to be part of our future. To Be Part of Progress.
You will be joining the Security team which is one of the fastest growing parts of our business. Our team of 2,600 experts support over 1,700 customers – including the government, armed forces, emergency services, banks and supermarkets - to keep them safe from cyber-attacks. And we work closely with global law enforcement agencies to take action and make the internet a safer place for everyone. The team is also growing, we need to attract, retain and develop the very best people in the market
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.