5 months ago
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
The Loyalty & Benefits Platform is part of the larger Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence where product and engineering resources have been organizationally brought together to improve speed to market and further unlock value across core capabilities.
Loyalty & Benefits Platform serves a broad set of products and solutions across the enterprise that require close collaboration with colleagues who develop new card products, digital channels, marketing operations, membership rewards, co-brand programs, card benefits, insurance, analytics, operations excellence and servicing.
We focus on powering both new product offerings as well as existing ones to build highly configurable core capabilities as it relates to account attributes, customer enrolment, offer & program set-up, qualification, tracking, redemption, fulfilment, channel & partner integrations of various Loyalty & Benefits products for our customers.
We're looking for an enthusiastic, talented Software Engineer to join our team and help up us power up!
Summary of role:
Designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs, evaluates, modifies, deploys, and documents software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications.
In this role you will be expected to:
* Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies to enable business capabilities
* Keep up-to-date on current research and technology in the industry
* Recognise the importance of teamwork to achieve objectives
* Clearly communicate ideas and concepts to others
* Identify opportunities within projects and acts on own initiative without being prompted, including making appropriate decisions as necessary
* Provide feedback to team members in code reviews
* Influence team members with innovative changes and continuous improvements
* Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team
In this position, we need you to:
* Function as member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices
* Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation
* Enable the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
* Automate deployments in test or production environments
* Automatically scale applications based on demand projections
Opening date for applications: 02/11/2018
Closing date for applications: 01/12/2018
Location: Burgess Hill
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Significant experience with software development. Computer Science, or equivalent, degree or equivalent industry experience.
* Knowledge and experience in the following:
* Apache Kafka, Couchbase, Apache Cassandra, Redis, Postgres / Oracle SQL, JAVA/J2EE (JDK 1.8), Maven /S pring Framework / Spring Boot / Spring Batch / Dropwizard / Camel, Junit / Powermock / Mockito testing frameworks, Pega, Pega CALL and Pega CPM solutions, IBM DB2, .NET Framework, Web services, IIS, ASP.NET,VB.NET,C#
* CICD Tools e.g Jenkins/ XL Release, Rally, JIRA, IDEA Intellij/ Eclipse/ JBOSS Studio, PostMan / SOAP UI, SQL Developer, PGAdmin, AES (Autonomic Event Services), Performance Analyzer / Tracer, IBM Data Studio, Toad for DB2, Putty, WinScp, Windiff, Epiphany, GIT/Tortoise SVN
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team.on firstname.lastname@example.org orfree phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 2, 2018, 8:04:04 AM