5 months ago
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
The Travel and Lifestyle Services Technology (TLS) group of American Express delivers all the technology needed to power the American Express travel and lifestyle experiences enjoyed by our card members. The TLS product portfolio supports travel and lifestyle shopping, fulfilment and concierge services across digital and assisted channels 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We deliver at a rapid pace, driving high quality engineering outcomes to support thousands of customer services professionals and millions of card members worldwide.
Engineering Directors in TLS are versatile, hands on when they need to be, have deep engineering expertise, and actively collaborate with product owners to drive an ambitious agenda of product change. If this sounds like a great fit for you, come join our team!
An Engineering Director in TLS:
* Coaches and guides engineers towards creation of high quality, clearly documented, and compliant deliverables across multiple engineering teams.
* Develops employee engagement and cohesion, focusing on creating a culture of sharing and reuse between teams across domains and locations.
* Brings the wider product team into the engineering delivery processes appropriately, establishing highly collaborative and productive partnerships with stakeholders.
* Directly delivers product code where needed, especially as it relates to the development of proof of concepts and implementing strategic features and functionality.
* Leads technical practices in the team, driving towards leading edge technology solutions within the Travel industry domain where there’s a competitive advantage in doing so.
* Contributes to detailed architectural design, collaborating closely with solutions engineers and enterprise architects.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Readiness to be a people leader. Previous experience may be helpful, but it’s not a prerequisite. You’ll be a coach, guide and escalation point for all engineers, technical project managers and quality engineers within your scope of responsibility.
* An expertise in one and at least a working knowledge in the other of the following:
* Java technology back end microservices (JEE / Spring Boot based)
* React.js/Redux single page applications and all supporting technologies such as HTML 5 and CSS
* A thorough understanding of scalable, secure and robust n-tier architectures for achieving end-to-end performance, scalability, availability, reliability, usability, configurability, integration and security.
* Strategic thinking – an ability to combine technical skills with overall business strategy, and a willingness to find and use creative solutions to fix problems, unblock teams, and drive the agenda forward.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills required, with ability to create and deliver effective presentations to upper management and Technical Architects across the organization.
* To contribute effectively to multiple work streams including planning, logistics, communication, and follow up across a diverse and virtual team.
* If you’ve previous experience in travel or lifestyle technologies, it’s a plus. However, we actively consider candidates from a range of industries and having no previous contact with travel or lifestyle is not a barrier to success.
What’s in it for you?
TLS is undergoing one of the biggest transformations in its history. Our business strategy sets out five “bold moves” that will revolutionise both the card member experience and the American Express TLS landscape. It’s undoubtedly going to be a demanding and exciting journey, and the technical challenges ahead of some of the toughest around. But it also promises to be immensely rewarding, and the opportunity to help lead this change is a once-in-a-career opportunity.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
* Health care scheme
* Defined contribution pension plan
* Dental scheme
* Virtual GP
* Life assurance
* Income protection
* Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
* Car Allowance/Company Car Option
* A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
* Employee Discount Portal
* Back up childcare/adultcare
* Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 2, 2018, 12:10:59 PM