about 1 month ago
• An Engineering Manager, within the Nationwide Engineering Centre of Excellence
• Based at our offices in Swindon (just an hour from London by train), with generous relocation package available
• Salary – competitive, to reflect experience
• Permanent, full-time and flexible 35 hour a week contract, with clear pathways to further development and promotion
We are building on our current digital solutions across the Nationwide systems estate with a set of modern technologies and we need a manager who can look after a team of front-end, back-end or full-stack developers, both at junior and senior levels. Our current projects include: Additional 2 factor authentication, better digital experiences for online transactions, Open Banking and Single Customer View. This is an extremely exciting opportunity to work with a team at its inception.
Who we're looking for
We’d like to meet an Engineering Manager with:
• Extensive experience of managing teams effectively.
• Career management of a team of 15+ setting objectives, career progression and training.
• Experience in Agile, planning and resource management.
• Matrix management environment experience.
• A technical mindset and the ability to get hands on within projects.
It would also be good if you had knowledge or experience of one or more of the following:
• Native mobile app development (beneficial, but not essential).
• .NET Framework, C#, asp.net
• Microservices using .NET Core, NodeJS or Golang.
• Developing with Docker and container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes or OpenShift.
• Experience in designing and developing API-driven and microservices-based architectures.
Agile / DevOps
• Experience of working in agile teams and associated use of DevOps tooling (such as Jenkins, Nexus/Artifactory, Selenium, Veracode, JMeter etc.)
What you'll be doing
• Motivating the team, including goal / objective setting, coaching, mentoring, training, feedback + performance management.
• Management of resource scheduling and work progress reporting, where you will be creating and maintaining a collaborate environment which is mindful of Agile practises.
• Line managing a team, especially interested in the core skills needed for helping a team of engineers reach their potential and delivering successful projects.