4 months ago
As the Engineering Technical Assistant, you will be responsible
for supporting customers through the claims process, managing claims within
specific customer service standards and ensuring claims are adequately reserved
and settled as economically and fairly as possible.
Some of your key accountabilities will be;
* Negotiate settlement of motor claims by
undertaking inspections/examinations of motor vehicles and/or assessment of
technical information within your authority limits.
* Adopt AXA culture and behaviours and receive
* Establish and maintain relationships with key
internal and external partners.
* Use and demonstrate key motor industry technical
expertise to supervise approved and non-approved supplier’s performance.
* Identifying customer needs, managing customer
expectations and providing excellent customer service throughout the claims
* Accurate capture of information at all stages of
* Making decisions that are timely and accurate
and working with colleagues across the claims process to settle claims quickly
and cost effectively
* Identifying the correct process that drives
claims to settlement economically and fairly
* Identification of unusual activity for referral
to fraud investigation teams.
* Controlling claims costs by following best
* Support the setting and reviewing of reserves
throughout the claims process.
* Compliance with relevant regulatory and legal
* Have already attained, or be working towards
attaining within 1 year: Automotive Technician Accreditation (ATA) for Vehicle
* A sound understanding of the motor claims
engineering processes and basic understanding of vehicle construction,
valuations and salvage categories
* A sound understanding of Audatex estimating
* High level of professionalism, self motivation
and ethical behaviour
* Ability to act on own initiative, prioritise
work, plan and manage own work activities
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Excellent networking and relationship skills
* Ability to influence people / situations in
order to achieve optimum results and maintain relationships.
* Good financial and commercial acumen
* Conversant with AXA motor underwriting policy
terms and claims handling procedures
* Knowledge of UK motor and vehicle repair
* Basic knowledge of motor vehicle construction,
repair techniques and repair cost calculations
* Sound knowledge of motor vehicle resale values
* Sound knowledge of vehicle salvage disposal
legislation and AXA’s vehicle salvage procedures
* Conversant with computerised vehicle damage
assessment systems as used by garages / vehicle repairers
* Ability to use Audatex computerised vehicle
damage assessment system and CAP valuation software
* Conversant with the AXA Claims Management system
* Conversant with Microsoft applications including
Outlook, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Motor Claims experience, preferably gained in a
vehicle service / repair workshop environment.
* Proven ability to manage the performance of
* Proven ability in the delivery of excellent
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
What We Offer
expect from a global leader, our reward package is a world-beater here’s a
small selection of our current benefits.
* Bonus Scheme linked to yours
and the company’s performance.
* Pension scheme with employer
contributions as well as your own.
* Life assurance 10x reference
salary (4x if not in the Pension Scheme)
* 25 days holiday, increasing
to 28 days by your fifth year of service.
* Interest free season ticket
* Access to MAX Benefits where
you enjoy cashback and discounts on thousands of retails, holidays and
* Flex benefits such as
holiday purchase, dental care, bikes for work.
* 20% discount with EE.
* 50% of Pure Gym membership.
* Discount on all AXA
Insurance products, including car, home and travel insurance, breakdown
cover & healthcare.
Important notice: We’ve recently become aware of a recruitment scam in which candidates are asked to be interviewed on Google Hangouts. It is not our policy to conduct interviews via Google Hangouts (we much prefer face-to-face), so if you have been asked to do this, please let the recruitment team know and we’ll do our best to advise you. Likewise, if you’re unsure if the person you’re speaking to is genuinely an AXA recruiter or the job you’re ing for is legitimately from AXA, please get in touch and we can check for you. We cannot be held responsible for any interviews conducted without our knowledge and authorisation. If you’re unsure and would like some advice, feel free to get in touch with our recruitment team.