about 1 month ago
Enterprise Architect - Digital
35 hours, full time
Closing date: 21/06/2019
We are the bank for people with purpose. The only bank born from the co-operative movement 145 years ago. We believe in the power of 'we' and putting values and ethics first. We are looking for talented individuals who want to make their next career move in a bank that celebrates co-operative spirit. And did we mention we are award winning? Year on year award winners for our products, our customer service and our commitment to communities. What's not to love!
As part of this role you will lead the development of the Bank’s IT Strategy and Enterprise Architecture for all customer facing channels as part of our Digital journey covering Online and Mobile Banking, Branch, and Contact Centre services through to meeting and exploiting the latest industry trends and regulations such as Open Banking and PSD2.
Your remit will be to support the Bank’s evolving customer proposition by outlining the appropriate IT direction and development of associated roadmaps to ensure that we maintain a competitive position in:
• Access to services (assisted via branch and contact centre and self-service via Digital and via aggregators)
• Frictionless customer journeys
• Product development
• Innovation in Customer Services
The successful candidate will be a leader in:
• Guiding significant architectural decisions with a view to reducing the risk and complexity of the Bank’s IT systems, improving the flexibility and efficiency of those systems and improving the ROI on the Bank’s IT system spend.
• Contributing to and facilitating Enterprise Design Governance.
• Translating complex strategic business needs through the articulation of Enterprise Architecture models.
• Recommending and influencing the choice of solutions to complex business challenges.
• Overseeing the downstream implementation of IT solutions that you have set the direction for, providing ongoing advice and guidance to ensure that the Bank’s IT environment is enhanced in alignment with the vision you have set.
• Providing powerful and persuasive arguments to senior stakeholders in both written and oral form.
• Architectural knowledge within the Financial Services industry on major application developments, package and bespoke, systems integration and business change projects.
• Up to date knowledge and experience in the definition and implementation of Digital solutions within Financial Services, an appreciation of where the market is going in this space and the key technology vendors we should be working with.
This is a senior level position, reporting into the Bank’s Head of IT Strategy and Architecture.
What You Can Expect From Us:
* 27 days holiday at start, rising to 30 days
* Agile working including opportunity to work from home
* Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
* 2 paid days for volunteering per year
* Positive working environment in contemporary offices centrally located in Manchester
* Strong career path within Financial Services
* Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
* Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
* Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.