European Consumer Marketing Manager – French speaking
West of London/Berks
£50K-£60K + Bonus + Benefits Package
Rare opportunity to take your brand strategy and comms development skills to a truly entrepreneurial and ambitious international business which has shown fast-track growth for the last few years. Reporting to the Marketing Director, you will develop brand growth strategies and high-impact integrated comms plans spanning ATL and digital media, to drive the company’s clinically-proven range of consumer healthcare products in key European markets including France and the Netherlands. This is all about owning the company’s product portfolio in key markets, ensuring it delivers impactful consumer messages across key touchpoints. Primary responsibilities include:
- Managing the agency relationships and media plans in different markets, making tactical changes/updates as required based on strategic priorities and market performance.
- Using sales and marketing metrics, retail and on-line sales data, reach & frequency data and CPA numbers to maximise campaign success.
- Developing creative briefs for new TV and other media creative and leading the thinking around new comms initiatives and consumer offers across different media channels.
- Working with agency partners to manage the entire TV production process from script to screen including edits for seasonal campaigns and retailer-specific offers.
- Working with the digital and e-commerce teams to drive direct-to-consumer and on-line sales and develop engaging consumer content and claims and effective search activity.
- Working with retailer partners to develop creative and display assets that drive sales performance.
- Working with the direct to consumer contact centre to monitor script-related data (offer, pricing, item details) and proactively monitoring calls to gauge consumer feedback, and purchase triggers & barriers.
Ideally with a background in consumer electronics, FMCG or another technically driven and disruptive category, you will have a robust track record of driving brand growth with highly-effective A&P campaigns. You’ll be curious, bold, commercially savvy and confident in your ability to make a difference; someone who will thrive in a very dynamic company which offers a high level of autonomy, accountability and pace. Key skills include:
- Fluent French and English and perhaps other languages too.
- Local market experience including hands-on experience in the French market, with proven success in direct-to-consumer/direct marketing initiatives across different channels (TV, print, digital etc.).
- Proven experience in managing media agencies on a day-to-day basis, especially TV on a Reach/Frequency/CPM basis.
- Proven track record of leading successful NPD launches, working with cross-functional teams - go-to-market planning, comms planning and rigorous post-launch evaluations.
- Experience of agency selection, management and review.
- Experience of shopper/trade marketing in a retail environment would be advantageous.
- Strong understanding of eCommerce and digital marketing
- Highly resourceful, getting the most out of budgets as well as own and others’ time
- Strong, open and transparent communication and (internal and external) stakeholder management skills
- Enthusiastic, hungry to make a positive difference
- Prepared to travel internationally as and when required
Our client is a highly successful and entrepreneurial healthcare business which designs, develops and markets innovative home healthcare brands that have a lasting positive impact on people’s health. Supporting their key brands with a multi-channel strategy including ATL campaigns and celebrity endorsement, direct and retail sales have grown significantly in the UK and other international markets.
If you would like to discuss this role, or any other roles that might be suitable, please email or call Adam Tarsh now.