3 months ago
Who we are
Evans is an aspirational, exciting fashion forward Brand with our customer always at the heart of everything we do. Our teams continue to learn, develop and innovate, taking ownership of their roles and responsibilities with passion and enthusiasm. We are proud of our Brand and we all play an active part in driving our businesses forward year on year.
As a Lead Digital Designer, you would be responsible for the look and feel of Evans on and offline outputs, keeping consistency with brand guidelines and driving a creative and commercial edge on the competition. Focusing on omni- channel commercial presentation and innovation as well as the development of all platforms, you’d be responsible for managing the mid-weight designer and work closely with editorial, creative and development teams to deliver fantastic visuals that will engage and continue to drive the brand forward.
Responsible for delivering high quality UX design and responsive wireframes, ensuring the website is optimised to the highest standard and kept up to date with the latest digital best practice. The Lead Digital Designer will drive creative projects from brief stage and manage development of idea conception through to delivery and board sign off. Ensure strong visual representation in all store chain types globally, following the complete customer journey. Driving store development and innovation on the high street. The role is both strategic and hands on and the ideal candidate will have experience of leading conversations and meetings with its key clients/stakeholders/suppliers.
Day to Day
* Responsible for the design creative across all channels online: Evans UK and International website, mobile site, APPs, editorial, video, online photo shoots, emails, affiliate banners, social and site product photography offline: Evans UK and international stores, branding, marketing collateral, Point of Sale graphics, events branding, brand creative guidelines, presentations, store development, press look-books, tags and packaging
* Create ‘look and feel’ for all ecommerce communications and product presentation in line with brand creative strategy
* Set and monitor online and offline creative standards
* Aiding in post-production and optimisation of images and videos
* Own the design and development of responsive HTML web pages from homepage through to checkout.
* Work closely with the Editorial team to consistently develop and innovate all emails, features, campaigns and social content to pushing boundaries and put Evans at the forefront of consumers’ minds.
* Work closely with the retail team to consistently develop and innovate window and in store graphics, marketing campaigns and press content to pushing boundaries and put Evans at the forefront of consumers’ minds.
* To be pro-active in introducing and evolving creative techniques, have an understanding and awareness of working with different print techniques
* To follow trends, competitors and seek inspiration to present to the team for idea generation/brainstorms
* Build strong relationships with the print purchasing team, VM, retail and suppliers.
* Design clear, commercial and effective communications taking input from key stakeholders
* Where appropriate optimise for search and download efficiency online
* Work with Online Production Manager and Digital Analyst to optimise usability
* Respond to briefs as appropriate - presenting mock-ups and storyboards for more detailed features
* Manage response to feedback and amends
* Ensure output conforms to best practice for device / Group / web standards
* Group Updates /Internal comms
* To work on designs for ad hoc projects with regards to extending or altering the online proposition e.g. responsive website, IPad App, Android App & International sites
* Responsible for QA of all design elements
* Be informed on industry developments in their area and feed into team & strategy
* Identify new and innovative opportunities for displaying graphics within the retail environment
* Works closely with key stakeholders to ensure consistent and integrated communications across all channels
* Develop strong relationship and work closely with web production/ store retail /VM and print purchasing teams to ensure high quality and detail of design build is upheld across all channels
* Liaise with external contacts such as developers, retouchers, printers and display companies
* Traffic creative briefs and manage production within team and external suppliers to ensure delivery to deadlines
* Define and implement creative briefing processes for all ecommerce marketing, production, retail store marketing and visual merchandising functions
* Work closely with content and marketing to plan and execute innovative content
* Strong experience within a similar role and industry
* Team management skills, able to mentor and coach
* Love of design, layout design, typography, photography and fashion along with the ability to thrive in a busy, pressured environment
* Strong creative skills and a track record in producing cutting edge designs in a multi-channel environment, consistent improvement and challenging the norm
* Experience in Adobe Creative Suite and have a sound knowledge of HTML processes and limitations
* Excellent Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator & Indesign skills
* An understanding of Capture One
* Experience in Sketch
* Good understanding of online/mobile user experience
* An understanding of CSS and HTML
* Solution and deadline driven
* Ability to take a project from concept stage to artwork
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Ability to communicate the project status, highlighting concerns regarding resource and ability to deliver
* Finger on the pulse of what’s happening in the world of fashion, design and technology
* Thrives in a fast paced environment
The Exciting Part
* Early finish Fridays during Summer!
* 25% discount across all our fab 8 brands to shop until you drop
* Stunning London offices with a restaurant, bar and beauty salon to always look and feel your best
* Regular sample sales to refresh your wardrobe at fractional prices
* Fun, inspiring and ambitious colleagues pushing the boundaries across the whole business
* Regular competitions to win amazing prizes
* Events to support our diverse range of charities
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves.
We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous.
Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future.
It's not only our products but our people who drive our success.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do.