Events Administrator – £24k-£28k DOE – London / Aberdeen (option to work from home)
At EIC, we are looking for an Events Administrator to provide administrative and event co-ordination support to the Overseas Events Department. You will be assisting the team in the effective and efficient management of overseas exhibitions and delegations and supporting EIC members in the lead up to these events, promoting the EIC and its full range of benefits to members where possible. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with the leading energy and trade association.
Some of the key responsibilities of an Events Administrator include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the recruiting of companies to attend exhibitions and delegations, and registering their interest on the CRM contacts database
- Promoting all events through mailers (register interest, application packs for launch and reminders), ensuring all marketing material is displayed in reception and distributed internally
- Ensuring all events are added, changed and removed from the website as necessary; and ensuring that all overseas events microsites are always up to date
- Being the main contact for all exhibitor and delegate queries through email and phone
- Putting together marketing materials for events, including application packs, mailers, flyers
- Assisting with the production of exhibitor manuals and help with preparation for briefing meetings / webinars
- Invoicing for all events and coordinating outgoing freight
- Sending out thank you letters and photos post event
- Other admin assistance to members of the Overseas Events team, as requested by the Head of Overseas Events
The Energy Industries Council (EIC) is the leading Energy Trade Association with around 650 member companies and an annual turnover of £8 million. For 75 years the EIC has helped companies, large and small, to maximise business opportunities in the energy industries, whether sourcing or supplying goods and services, at home or globally. Our goal is to put our members first, providing support through the provision of business information, training, networking and global exhibitions.
The key skills and qualities of an Events Administrator:
- Educated to A-level standard or equivalent vocational training or relevant experience in a similar role
- Competent IT skills; Microsoft Office software packages as a minimum, and can be trained in the use of other software such as Adobe Photoshop and the EIC CRM database system
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, able to assist with the Department’s demanding annual programme of events
- Strong teamworking skills, can work as part of a team and take on a hands-on role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills which will be required when dealing with EIC’s members and queries from non-members in securing bookings for events
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.