Job Title: Events Assistant
Salary: £21,237 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 12 noon Friday 25th January 2019
Interviews proposed to be held: Week commencing the 4th February 2019
The Organisation is the voice of dentists and dental students in the UK. They bring dentists together, support their members through advice and education, and represent their interests. This is a challenging and dynamic period for dentistry and the Organisation is recruiting an Events Assistant to work in their busy Events team.
This is a full-time fixed term contract role to provide cover and will be based in their offices in central London. The post-holder will be required to assist with the administrative and organisational activities for onsite events and provide administrative support to colleagues in the Events team.
- Responsible for the preparation, organisation and onsite delivery of the Organisation's programme of clinical and non-clinical events, Training essentials courses, event management contracts, and Branches and Sections events, as appropriate
- Liaise with speakers and chairs (when appropriate), working closely with them to guide them in the run up to the event and on the day
- Taking delegate bookings and processing payments for events as required
- Develop good relationships with venue staff and suppliers and ensure ongoing liaison
- Add events and provide relevant copy to the Organisation's website
- In association with the design editors and marketing team to proof and check promotional pieces being produced for events
- Responsible for managing delegate bookings and processing delegate registration fees for events
- Prepare for events, including printing delegate documentation, producing evaluation forms, printing name badges, packing the delegate packs and crate
- Oversee and manage the smooth running of events on the day whilst ensuring high quality standards are maintained
- Summarise and write a report on the delegate and exhibitor evaluation forms for each event
- Respond to appropriate member and delegate enquiries
- Assist other colleagues in the events team as and when necessary
- Attendance at colleagues' events as required
- Undertake special projects as and when necessary
The Successful Candidate will have/ be:
- Previous experience of working in an events environment
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to work, prioritise and plan work to tight deadlines including attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, commitment to a high level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Microsoft Windows packages
- A generous company pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cash back for various healthcare treatments
- Employee assistance programme
- Subsidised gym membership
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS to complete the attached application form.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and an Investor in People.
Candidates with experience of: Events Executive, Events Coordinator, Seminar Organiser, Event Organiser, Events Officer, Events Coordinator, Event Assistant, Event Administrator, Events Administrator, Exhibition, Conference Officer, Conference Executive, Conference Assistant may also be considered for this role.