11 months ago
Job Title: Events Management Strategy Senior Manager
Salary: up to £80,000 depedning on experience
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a highperformance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Marketing and Communications professionals build a powerful and differentiated global brand—at the corporate, industry, capability and geographic levels—that supports the Accenture strategy; enhances long-term client relationships; inspires employees and candidates; and drives profitable revenue growth.
We seek a Senior Manager to join the Digital Marketing team to lead our Events execution and strategy. Our Events team oversees the marquee industry and alliance events across our three different business groups. This role will be responsible for the management and on-site execution of key events and the ideal candidate will have a proven history of driving successful events across a matrixed organization.
Among other responsibilities, this role will plan and execute meetings and events moderate to large complexity, both on and off site for Accenture. Includes event planning, developing meeting and event strategy, vendor and venue procurement, contracting and dealings, provision of meeting planning services/support, managing budgets, invoice reconciliation and payments. Manage event delivery and post-event facilitation, technology-related support, compliance and reporting.
* Manage, oversee and support execution of events in line with the overall strategy
* End to end management of events, from preparation, on-site execution, and post-event wrap ups
* Use technology to manage the planning processes for meeting, including meeting registrations, approvals, budget and actual spend, calendars, meeting logistics, attendee registrations etc.
* Ensure support for assigned events and completion of procurement processes like deposits, purchase orders, billing and final reconciliation
* Establish relationships with internal (cross-functional) groups to ensure consistent delivery of service and resolve all escalations related to meetings or events appropriately
* Provide inputs, manage or assist in developing the overall meetings and events strategy including supplier-sourcing strategy. They may collaborate with other teams like workplace solutions, business travel, marketing and centralized training leadership
* Direct, manage or assist the development and use of metrics/reporting to assess effectiveness of meeting and events planning, initiatives and goals for input into business plans
* Establish the operating model, policy and procedures used by the team, stakeholders and third party service delivery. They are also responsible for process compliance, cost reduction and customer service
* Report and review performance of sourcing efforts, suppliers and team performance against set metrics
* May provide inputs and tactical guidance to technology related support for the meeting and events function
* Collaborate in development of internal communications (marketing of services and process improvements)
* Develop, manage or assist in skill development for the team for sourcing and overall event management
* Establish standard terms and conditions for services providers, benchmark rates and programs and adjust processes or sourced arrangements as appropriate
* Manage relationships and contracts with service providers to deliver value-added services and competitive costs
* Identify and screen potential new suppliers and services and manage the process cost effectively
* Keep knowledge base updated on supplier and sourcing trends and apply new approaches as appropriate
* Monitor and manage compliance with existing policy and recommend changes to align with changing business needs
* Provides support to communicate policy to Accenture personnel and external suppliers