5 months ago
About the Team
The New York-based Events Team is at the “tip of the spear” for our brands and their personal connection with their audiences. We are responsible for providing next-level experiences that move the bottom line. We like to say, “Results matter, success feels good.”
The events team creates nearly 30 events each year in a fast-moving, collaborative environment where detailed planning and innovation come together. Our event team members are creative, always looking for “what’s next” with experience, enjoy spreadsheets, love logistics and obsess over details. We enjoy a fast-paced, supportive and interactive environment.
Our event managers report to the corporate events director and concentrate on approximately 12 events each for their individual brands. This “divide and conquer” model works well; our managers get to know the dynamics behind each event and brand and are well positioned to succeed.
We move fast, work together, work hard, play hard and have fun. In the Future events team, no detail is too small and no idea is too big. Our awards programs carry weight and credibility. Our conferences are respected for their cutting edge thought leadership. Our networking experiences provide a coveted venue for connections, opportunities and fun. We have some new events too; we’re not afraid to try new things.
We produce some of the most well-known events in our industries and contribute to the company’s bottom line in the process . Our events team is known as a center of excellence within the organization, working with all departments and bringing their ideas to life. We are recognized for anticipating and solving problems. We are looking for a candidate to join our events team to run a portfolio of events for our Tech & Learning and Entertainment Technology division. This candidate will be responsible for running a portfolio of 10-12 events per year. If you are interested in education and technology, this is the gig for you! You will be surrounded by the movers and shakers in this space as nearly half of the events will be hosted buyer, meaning only the cream of the crop gets invited to attend for free.
Key role responsibilities:
* Oversee and execute multiple events and conferences simultaneously from start to finish, including décor, audio visual, F&B and all related event logistics & experiences
* Oversee financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions
* Develop and manage RFP process, negotiate venue/vendor contracts and competing industry events
* Create and handle event budgets and work directly with accounting on processing invoices, vendor payments and registration fees
* Manage and negotiate venue and vendor contracts, to ensure the best possible pricing
* Manage the hosted buyer attendees, booking travel and accommodations for each attendee and acting as their liaison throughout the event
* Manage custom event process with event sponsor to ensure sponsorship ROI is met
* Assign responsibilities, manage and direct staff during events
* Monitor and create event registration (pre and on-site), providing reports to internal team as needed
* Oversee purchase order and invoice process and payment of event vendors and registrants
* Drafts monthly, concise and accurate documentation of event financials including analysis of all event income and expenses for budget reconciliation
* Manage the design, copy and production deadlines for all event collateral including invitations, onsite programs, signage, etc.
* Monitor all marketing collateral including, print ads, event websites, for accuracy
* Work directly with art department on development and routing of all event collateral, signage, décor and event recaps to ensure consistency
* Manage day-today communication with vendors, sponsor, marketing partners and internal team
* Manage project timelines, prepare check lists
* Act as sponsor and marketing partner liaison and ensure all logistic deliverables are fulfilled
Essential skills and experience:
* At least four years of event and/or publishing experience. Proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, G Suite.
* Initiative to think quickly on your feet. You’re enthusiastic and hungry to take the lead on projects.
* Excellent organization and time management skills and can troubleshoot quickly and effectively.
* Have excellent communication skills in writing, by telephone and in person. Can deal with all levels of management effectively.
* Can manage senior level attendees and manage their expectations
* Ability to travel up to 40% of the time, including occasional weekend travel for events.
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
Future is the name behind market-leading brands in specialist sectors across technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, hobbies, knowledge and home interest.
We’re dedicated to creating loyal fans of our brands, and the number is growing all the time. Our global reach is phenomenal with over 250 million consumers across 180 + world-leading brands. It’s an incredible privilege to have such a passionate audience base across our websites, magazines, social media and events.
But that’s not enough – we continue to add to our portfolio and restlessly look to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We are developing leading-edge proprietary technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform and the figures speak volumes:
Online audience growth
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, France and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
?To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a cover letter explaining why this is your dream job!