4 months ago
Job Summary & Purpose
Reporting to the Associate Director of Event Marketing, you will provide support for the events marketing team, executing turnkey marketing campaigns including direct mail, social, email, PR, online and print advertising.
The job holder will be responsible for the successful implementation and execution of events marketing campaigns, achieving financial targets in-line with budget; taking control of all event marketing activity and using expertise and knowledge to implement new ideas and tactics.
Key role responsibilities:
* Creating and executing marketing plans, producing high quality, response-driven marketing campaigns that integrate online and offline marketing activities, using a full range of cost-effective and targeted promotional techniques (including direct marketing, advertising, email marketing and social media).
* Ensuring brand identity is consistent across all media and meets best practice and brief guidelines.
* Create effective email marketing campaigns.
* Recording and monitoring spend, providing ongoing feedback to line manager about performance against agreed KPI’s and budgets.
* Assist in creation, building & troubleshooting event marketing campaigns, producing briefs and managing each stage of the design process to ensure all marketing material is approved and delivered to schedule.
* Maintain an awareness of current trends within the industry and audiences; attend conferences to identify opportunities and make recommendations.
* Understand database segmentation and targeting – using data effectively to target users.
* Provide accurate and timely campaign information and results.
* Providing support for sales related projects as required, including the generation of leads for the sales team and creation of collateral and support tools.
* Analysing visitor feedback and competitive show results as necessary.
Essential skills and experience:
* Understanding of event marketing principles, developments and new techniques
* A demonstrated experience in event marketing campaign management
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize according to tight deadlines
* Copywriting and proofreading skills
* Strong email marketing skills
* Social Media skills
* Excellent communication and relationship building skills
* Attention to detail
* A self-starter, able to work on own initiative, yet contribute as a team member
* Strong analytical and numerical skills
Desirable skills and experience:
* 3-5 years of event marketing experience
* Marketing degree or equivalent experience