8 months ago
Job Summary & Purpose
Our events team is known as a center of excellence within the organization, working with all departments and bringing the content in our publications to life.
We produce some of the most well-known events in our industries and contribute to the company’s bottom line in the process . Our conferences are respected for their cutting edge thought leadership. Our networking experiences provide a coveted venue for connections, opportunities and fun. We have some new events too; we’re not afraid to try new things.
The Event Program Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing a portfolio of programs alongside our internal editorial team, including education programs, hosted buyer events and live awards programs. This position requires people and project management, heavy customer interaction and attention to detail.
Key role responsibilities
* Manage assigned event programs simultaneously acting as each speaker’s main point of contact once secured by our internal team.
* Foster and maintain speaker relationships for our extensive events portfolio.
* Manage all speaker logistics prior to each event; including the collection of headshots, bios, logos, copyright forms, contact information, speaker prep kits, special AV, prep calls and collecting and organizing presentations.
* Owns relationships with contracted event producers (when applicable), providing them guidance and timelines as well as managing them day-to-day.
* Work with our internal content and marketing teams to ensure proper marketing announcements for new program content.
* Manage all speaker logistics onsite including check-in and in-session management
* Maintain event run of show alongside content lead and prepare the master slide decks for each event.
* Work with logistics team to facilitate proper room assignments, room set up and any special audio/visual requirements requested for the event program.
* Coordinate material preparation including, creation of speaker kits, speaker prep calls, training and onsite event rehearsal schedules.
* Work closely with Event Program Manager to ensure follow up on issues.
Essential skills and experience
* Event and/or publishing experience preferred. Proficient in both Microsoft Office and G-Suite applications
* Initiative to think quickly on your feet, problem solve and troubleshoot quickly and efficiently
* Willingness to change gears, adapt to new changes or learn new skills and programs
* Ability to focus and prioritize tasks for multiple projects all happening simultaneously
* Excellent organization and time management skills with attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills in writing, by telephone and in person.
* Effective interpersonal skills, especially as required in working with industry experts, high-level speakers, vendors and all other external contacts.
* Comfortable cooperating and communicating with peers to facilitate and maintain a team approach in the production of all events
* Ability to travel including occasional weekend travel for events