2 months ago
Finance Analyst – Milton Keynes
Finance Analyst – Milton Keynes
South East England
Grow with a company that puts customers first
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Analyst to join our team in Milton Keynes.
The team is the centre of excellence for monitoring, managing and reporting income for the whole of the UK Ring Fenced Bank operations. In addition, the team is responsible for pricing and product profitability analysis. The reporting emerging from the team is to the senior governing committees such as the Executive Committee, Board and Santander Head Office in Spain.
The team is also responsible for planning and forecasting of income/provisions. This includes monthly re-forecasting and the more formal annual budget process. This needs liaison with key stakeholders to build financial plans that are aligned with the business.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Finance Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Producing month end results for Business Banking, including preparation of journals, review of numbers with managers and providing insightful commentary and analysis as to the performance against agreed benchmarks
* Reconciliation of key financial information to source systems (including Audit prep)
* Responsible for production of information used in the EXCO and Board presentations and issue to Group
* Responsible for further analysis required for month-end, reporting in a timely manner
* Supporting the planning and forecasting process in producing timely updates to the central P&L and relevant commentary / analysis of movements (between versions)
* Supporting the production of new & existing product pricing
* Producing balance sheet reconciliations and analysis of risks and opportunities
* Working to constantly improve efficiency and quality of information provided in order to improve stakeholders understanding
Minimum skills and experience required:
* Part qualified or starting to study ACCA/CIMA
* Finance background or experience in a finance team; month end analysis, variance analysis
* Advanced in Excel; v lookups, pivot tables, macros ideal but not essential
* Analytical mind-set
* Ability to work to deadlines with a can do attitude
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.