6 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
This is a great opportunity to join our for Accounts Payable team.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
- Develop a strong, robust and well-designed control framework
- Support the month end accrual process by working closely with the Commercial Finance team in DE to improve and streamline this process and provide better support to the AP team
- Work closely with the UK and ITA teams to identify best practice
- Provide reporting and analysis, both regular and ad-hoc
- Liaise with a wide network of Stakeholders confidently, ensuring that they are provided with relevant, timely and accurate information which informs and directs business decisions
- Contribute to the wider continuous improvement agenda within Finance Operations, driving improvements in key areas
- A full accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA or ACCA etc)
- An organised and methodical individual, possessing attention to detail whilst working under pressure.
- Experience working within a Shared Service environment is desirable, particularly within an Accounts Payable environment
- A proven record of delivery, particularly of insightful and value adding analysis
- Excellent communication skills, with experience of presenting to Senior Stakeholders and building strong, long lasting relationships
- Strong IT skills, particularly using Excel and PowerPoint are a must and SAPVIM highly desirable
- A self-starter attitude, relying less on direction and more on personal initiative.
- A flexible individual, who is open to tackle new tasks as and when required but may be outside of the core day job (and description)
- Experience of managingleading projects in a large organisation, with cross functional inputs and complex issues
- German language skills would be preferable but not essential
So, what are you waiting for? now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about