6 months ago
The role reports to the Finance Manager – Retail and is part of the Commercial Finance team business partnering the Customer function.
You will be a key business partner to the Retail and Indirect teams, providing analysis, direction and insight to support the delivery of the team goals. You will financially manage the commissions costs across the Retail channel and the external Indirect partners, explaining key drivers of trends and versus targets along with developing strategies to enhance and optimise performance.
Developing strong relationships with both internal teams and external partners will be a key role and you will work and negotiate with these stakeholders to deliver the volume targets.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Responsibility for validating the Retail channel performance and calculating the monthly commission costs across the store estate ( c. 2000 FTE ) ensuring month end accruals and payroll files are accurately reflecting the performance of this channel.
* Ownership of the monthly business case production for Retail channel incentive schemes to ensure the channel is achieving the targets along with reviewing the outcomes with PIR’s to review the effectiveness of these incentives.
* Management of the commissions and Opex costs across the Indirect channel ensuring the calculations accurately reflect the performance of this channel, including trend analysis and commentary of performance.
* Become the SME across the commission area for the IT Transformation program and ensure user stories and process efficiencies are being captured into these forums along with testing the new functionality on delivery.
* Responsibility for the budget and forecasting for Commissions and Indirect Opex with detailed understanding of the cost drivers along with Month End commentary and reviews with the Retail and Indirect Management teams.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Skills we are looking for:
* Strong attention to detail
* CIMA, ACCA or ACA finalist or Qualified Accountant.
* Experience of interfacing with commercial teams.
* Report writing for and presentation to a senior management audience
* Excellent MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills
Nice to have skills:
* Telco experience
* Previous experience of managing commissions