4 months ago
Finance Analyst SME Trading Finance
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Business and Public Sector is a Line of Business delivering £4.8bn Revenue and c.£1.4bn of EBITDA. SME is the second largest trading unit with c1.2m customers it is planned to deliver c£1.7bn revenue and £0.8bn EBITDA in 2017/18. With multiple products and the acquisition of EE, this role is pivotal to the successful delivery of the SME targets.
What you'll be doing
• Provide Commercial Finance Support to the channel leads for SME Trading team supporting all 3 channels (Field, Desk Digital & Retail and Indirect Partners)
• Support channel leads with analysis of financials to provide insight on key drivers and underlying trends to help inform management decision making
• Support the drive for efficiency within the channels through KPI led reporting and supporting channel leads to make recommendations on how the channel can improve this further
• Provide support and analysis to channel leads on channel growth strategy and delivery of business targets.
• Support channel leads to understand the efficiency of pay plans and external commissions
• Modelling for business cases and post investment reviews for any propositions, offers, capex, marketing and other investments impacting the channel
• Support with the tracking and monitoring of SME Transformation activities and working with the channel leads to ensure we have the most effective structures in place to deliver profitable revenue growth.
• Supporting the Channel leads in understanding SGA variances and building reports that give insight into key cost lines
• Support Field channel lead to provide in depth financial analysis on BT Local Business channel as required
• Ownership of SME credit approval process ensuring team resources allocated to meet commitments to key stakeholders
• Support for team on production of appropriate briefings for senior / executive management
• Ad-hoc analysis to support channel leads to understand business drivers and resolve issues.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
• Professional Accountancy Qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA etc) (Essential)
• Good spreadsheet modelling and analysis skills (Essential)
• Ability to influence senior / executive stakeholders (Essential)
• Creative thinking and innovation
• Constantly challenges the status quo; continually seeks out best practice
• Awareness of how the role contributes to the strategic aims of the business
• Ability to build relationships across a wide range of disciplines and levels of management.
Why choose us?
We are looking for ambitious high-achievers that have proven themselves . Teamwork is the key to our success. You’ll fit right in our team from a wide variety of backgrounds all driven to make a real difference for BT.
BT offer a structured career ladder recognising and rewarding strong performance. We offer great development and learning opportunities to help round out your skillset and progress in the way that is best for you.
We offer a strong benefits package, including free broadband, TV and Sport for all employees, an on target bonus scheme, discounted share schemes, a pension scheme and much more.
At BT, we’re creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future.
If you feel that you fit the bill in terms of skillset and can add value in this challenging environment, we are keen to hear from you!
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.