3 months ago
AXA Partners, based in Chiswick, is currently recruiting a Finance Business Partner to join the team. As part of the support function Finance Business Partner (FBP) team, active contribution will be expected towards representing Finance and providing relevant analyses and support to AXA Partners ExCom - Support function heads, where necessary engaging with Group counterparts.
In addition to analyses on actuals, budgeting and forecasting, proactive support to the partners regarding their projects and their transformation and simplification initiatives (business cases reviews, translation of programs into financial impacts, sparring partner approach…)
* Drive the Expense budgeting process for AXA Partners, maintaining the right level of confidentiality
* Analyse expense trends and results and lead review of expenses with functional heads for agreed functions, to discuss key issues and expense progression versus forecast/budget/plan understanding run-rates and analysing any one-timers or unusual fluctuations. This would include identifying proposals for cost reduction and other value-added contributions. Drive and agree full year forecasts for cost & headcount with functional leads
* Support partners regarding their projects and transformation and simplification initiatives (business cases reviews, translation of programs into financial impacts…)
* Produce expense reporting on a regular basis and prepare cost centre statements for functional leads and cost centre managers. Liaise with Ex Com members on all queries concerning expenses and ensuring that expense discipline is achieved
* Produce Financial and non-Financial dashboards relating to expenses and headcount in support of Support Functions heads and relevant functions as agreed – relying where possible on BU/Functional existing tools and approaches; liaising with finance teams to operationalise, align and integrate into AXA Partners Global Dashboards and MIS
* Assist monthly headcount tracking & work with HR to ensure that recruitment is approved as part of Target Operating Models (TOM)
* Work closely with regional finance teams to consolidate analysis and forecasts for short- and long-term planning purposes, as well as communicating current performance
* Assist the CRF team in completion of schedules in the Corporate Reporting Tool
* Support the finance teams to ensure that any output, analysis and commentary required for MBR and quarterly/annual group submissions are addressed in a proactive, timely and accurate manner
This list is not exhaustive, additional reasonable duties may be required from time to time.
This role attracts a salary range of £43,818 to £61,346 depending on skills and experience.
Skills and Experience:
* Experience in a Finance
BP in a global organisation
* Experience within Insurance/Financial services
* Highly numerate with relevant accounting
* A broad understanding of financial
budgets/statements/models, with experience of analysing complex data
effectively for planning, forecasting and reporting
* Strong relationship management skills with the
ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders including senior Management
* Ability to listen, interpret / analyse,
influence, negotiate and challenge
* Highly organised individual with strong
prioritisation, time-management and problem-solving skills
* Strong sense of execution and result orientated
mindset whilst being able to be hands-on when required
* Ability to produce and present financial
information with impact and adapted to the audience
* Must be a team player – critical that individual
always works collaboratively with and through others and does not focus on own
silo or interests to detriment of rest of team
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
AXA is a global leader in financial protection,
representing nearly 100 billion Euros worth of turnover across its 3 businesses
(Life & Savings, Property & Casualty and Asset Management).
AXA Partners, launched in Sept 2015, is a new
business unit dedicated to developing AXA’s partnership business that makes up
~10% of the AXA business globally. The mission of AXA Partners is to design,
implement and manage relationships with selected partners in specialized
insurances, assistance & services and life protection activities.
To accelerate its development and optimize its
organization, AXA Partners has launched in 2018 a transformation and
simplification program. In this context, the Finance department of AXA Partners
has defined a target operating model (TOM) to support and empower business
initiatives within the company. One of the central finance teams gathered is
the expenses and Support Functions Partnering team.
What We Offer
Important notice: We’ve recently become aware of a recruitment scam in which candidates are asked to be interviewed on Google Hangouts. It is not our policy to conduct interviews via Google Hangouts (we much prefer face-to-face), so if you have been asked to do this, please let the recruitment team know and we’ll do our best to advise you. Likewise, if you’re unsure if the person you’re speaking to is genuinely an AXA recruiter or the job you’re ing for is legitimately from AXA, please get in touch and we can check for you. We cannot be held responsible for any interviews conducted without our knowledge and authorisation. If you’re unsure and would like some advice, feel free to get in touch with our recruitment team.