about 1 month ago
Our newest client are the owners of a boutique wedding and event venue and are now looking for a finance manager to join their team. The position will be based at the property, set in a beautiful Victorian manor house in Cheltenham.
Be part of the successful team which maintains the lifeblood of their business. Preferably AAT qualified, but not essential, you must possess an in-depth working knowledge of Xero accounting software. Have a flexible working attitude and the ability to work on your own initiative. Enjoy using your excellent mathematical and analytical skills. Understanding of data privacy standards and familiarity with business principles & practices.
This position also requires the successful Finance Manager to have experience with budgets, payroll, month end journals and reconciliation of bank transactions. First-class customer service skills; excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; superior attention to detail; organisational & planning skills; problem-solving & critical thinking; computer skills, particularly with spreadsheets and accounts software. Integrity, honesty.
Experience in the hospitality industry is an advantage but not a necessity.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Daily processing of sales and purchase invoices
• Daily reconciliation of the business bank accounts
• Reconciliation of all control accounts with variances being investigated and resolved
• Management of aged payables and receivables
• Processing of month end journals and correct allocation of accruals and prepayments
• Preparation of VAT returns
• Preparation and processing of monthly payroll
• P32 reconciliations
• Workplace pension
• Preparation of monthly management accounts
• Assist the GM in preparing budgets and financial reports
What’s in it for you?
• Career enhancement
• Company pension
If you have the experience and qualifications our client is ideally looking for then please apply online remembering to attach your most recent and relevant CV. Our client will be in touch should you be successful