27 days ago
Finance Manager Provisions – Permanent – Milton Keynes
Finance Manager Provisions – Permanent – Milton Keynes
South East England
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent Finance Manager – Provisions, to be based from our Milton Keynes (CMK) office.
As a Finance Manager you will be working with the Finance and Risk teams to understand the results and drivers of credit and non-credit provisions reported on a monthly basis at an overall bank level as well as from a business unit and product perspective. You will be a centre of expertise for provisions within consolidated reporting and will be able to clearly articulate the key drivers and risks compared to forecast and budget. As such you will develop strong relationships with key contacts at Risk, Finance teams, Planning and Economics teams, including senior stakeholders.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Finance Manager – Provisions your main responsibilities will be
* Collaborate with Finance and Risk teams to help produce the quarterly and annual reports w.r.t to credit provisions disclosures, with high level of accuracy and timely delivery.
* Production of provisions analysis to demonstrate key trends and drivers to senior stakeholders.
* Review and challenge assumptions used in production of Actual / Budget / Forecast results.
* Continuously develop and enhance existing reports, analysis and processes and produce new reports and analysis where necessary.
* Subject matter expertise / go-to person for matters relating to provisions at a consolidated level.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Demonstrated experience: working in Banking/Finance environment at a large organisation.
* Fully/Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA and/or experience in a Finance role.
* Strong communication skills with ability to build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders both at junior and senior levels.
* Ability to coach, mentor and manage Finance Analysts.
* Previous exposure in Commercial and Corporate areas is an advantage.
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one ofBritain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.