4 months ago
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you a professional with experience in FP&A process?
Do you have analysis skill to evaluate a business performance?
Are you interested to work in a global company with many businesses and channels?
If the answer is yes, then we'd love to hear from you!
WHY WORK FOR THE BODY SHOP?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
WHO ARE NATURA &CO?
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura &Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969.
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
The analyst will assist the Natura &Co finance planning manager to coordinate the performance, budgeting and forecasting processes across the three businesses: Natura, Aesop and The Body Shop.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
Budget / Performance / Outlook /Finance Planning
* Prepare templates (excel and powerpoint) to be filled by each business of the Group.
* Consolidate figures of the three businesses (Guaranteeing the consistency and comparability).
* Do analysis of the data/explanation sent by each FP&A team.
* Help to keep the guidelines updated and available for the business FP&A.
* Build strong relationships and provide financial support to decision makers (Group Operations Committee, Audit Committee and Board of Directors).
* Prepare sensitivity analysis for the Group, using statistic tools and critical economic thinking.
* Support the decision makers with data to allocate the resources properly (Triple Bottom Line decisions).
Finance Business Partner for Natura &Co
* Prepare reports and explanations for Natura &Co expenses (monthly basis).
* Ensure accurate and timely financial management information.
* Ensure group corporate costs are reported in the correct legal entities across the world.
* Monthly presentation of financial performance (budget variances and full year forecasts, including identifying financial opportunities and risks).
* Challenge current ways of working, driving efficiencies and cost savings wherever possible.
* Review of monthly commitments and preparation of monthly accruals and prepayments reconciliations, including timely follow up on any queries.
* Provide analytical support to these processes, as required.
Ad hoc analysis
* Capital structure, Tax strategy, Financing decisions, M&A, business plan for group initiatives
* Experience of performing budgeting and forecasting processes.
* Proven record of experience working within finance is essential
* Experience of working to tight financial deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Cosmetics industry experience advantageous.
* Sound knowledge of MS Office, and expert knowledge of excel is essential.
* A good finance, mathematics or science focused degree.
* Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) advantageous.
Our global HQ is located in the heart of East Croydon – 1 minute walk from the train station and is just 10 minutes train ride from Clapham Junction and 16 minutes from London Victoria. Our brand new office opened just over one year ago and provides a light, modern and open-plan work space that includes an onsite global café and even a living wall in the reception area.
As of 27th August 2019 we will be moving to our new home, based near London Bridge. 155 Tooley Street is a contemporary and vibrant workplace that will inspire our creativity and represent who we are, our brand and our purpose. A 5 minute walk from the mainline and tube stations, surrounded by all the attractions and amenities that London Bridge has to offer, our new office is a short stroll away from the River Thames and Tower Bridge through Potters Fields Park.
Want to join the Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary, here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, access to Perks At Work our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development. We have also implemented ‘Work Wise’ into our HQ - flexibility of ‘in-office’ hours, the ability to work remotely and a new meeting charter. Here at The Body Shop we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!