about 1 month ago
Finance Professional – Permanent – Milton Keynes
Finance Professional – Permanent – Milton Keynes
South East England
Grow with a company that puts customers first
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Professional to join our finance team in Milton Keynes.
The Retail Mortgage Finance Team is the centre of excellence for monitoring, managing and reporting mortgage income & provisions for the UK Retail bank.
The team is responsible for mortgage pricing and product profitability analysis, as well as preparation of forecasting, budgeting and planning mortgage financials to feed into our strategic planning processes. As a Finance Professional in the team, you will be responsible for key activities across these areas, helping to ensure that all deliverables are met with high quality and timely financial information.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve
As a Finance Professional your responsibilities will be
* Contribution to the accurate and timely production of month end reporting on income and provisions; including preparation of journals, review of numbers with Senior Analysts and providing insightful commentary on performance against agreed benchmarks.
* Supporting the mortgage financial planning process, working with senior analysts in the team to evaluate and challenge drivers provided by the business to formulate mortgage forecasts, budgets and plans.
* Understanding of key drivers of mortgage financial performance, being able to articulate these to the wider team and management; continuous development of product and industry knowledge.
* Building strong relationships with Marketing and other areas based on insight and challenge, ensuring Finance is able to influence future decisions.
* Production and analysis of weekly and monthly reports on mortgage margins and mortgage business flows.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Strong communication and variance analysis skills, ability to identify and understand drivers of income and provisions movements.
* Advance use of Excel (including macros) and Power point.
* Have an analytical mind-set, with proven experience of creating financial models and predictions – budget/ forecast/ pricing/ investments.
* Ability to work to deadlines with a can-do attitude and strong sense of ownership.
* Part qualified or starting to study ACCA/CIMA with a background in Finance.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.