5 months ago
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you a Financial Accountant looking for your next role with an award-winning global retail business? Then we’d love to hear from you!
WHY WORK FOR THE BODY SHOP?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
WHO ARE NATURA &CO?
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura &Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969.
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
To perform tasks and execute transactional accounting accurately and on a timely basis for the Global Finance Function.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
· Perform tasks to meet all month/quarter/ year end requirements, including - journals; provisions/accruals and prepayments, analysis and reporting.
· Responsible for completion of balance sheet reconciliations for assigned markets / accounts
· Responsible for end to end fixed asset process including - the capitalisation of fixed assets; depreciation; review of Assets under Construction; lease accounting and reconciliations. Provide guidance to the markets to ensure compliance with the Group’s accounting policies and procedures.
· Responsible for the stock and freight accounting, provisions and processing , including the reconciliation and reporting as required
· Responsible for the end to end intercompany process including - processing intercompany journal requests; monthly reconciliation of intercompany relationships and resolving any differences; reconciliations of balance sheet accounts; arranging payment and clearing of intercompany balance; and enforcing controls per group rules and intercompany policy.
· Responsible for completion of reporting for accounting, audit, tax or local regulatory reporting such as statistical reporting for assigned markets
* Provide outstanding customer service, guidance and support to internal customer
* Willingness to challenge and change current process and ways of working, work cross functionally with stakeholders to work more efficiently without compromising quality of output or deadlines
* Influence and engage with key stakeholders including resolution of accounting issues where relevant
* As much as practical, adopt consistent ways of working across all markets
* Contribute to and drive adherence to accounting policies and standards
* Ensure business process are developed, documented and adhered to
* Perform other related duties as requested including project work
* This role is ideal for candidates training or part qualified ACA or ACCA
* Experience of working in an FMCG/Retail environment
* Knowledge of SAP/BW or similar systems
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent organisational skills combined with accuracy and attention to detail
* Awareness of international accounting practices and standards
Our Global Support Centre is located in the heart of Littlehampton, West Sussex. On site there is a state of the art distribution centre, conference centre, a 1950’s ‘Uncle Fred’s Diner’, a nursery and an onsite allotment area for staff.
Want to join the Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary, here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, access to Perks At Work our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development. We have also implemented ‘Work Wise’ into our HQ - flexibility of ‘in-office’ hours, the ability to work remotely and a new meeting charter. Here at The Body Shop we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!