8 months ago
* Financial Accountant
* Saga Healthcare
* 22/01/2018 22:59
Job Description Summary
Saga Healthcare is a private homecare service with a difference. Our aim is to help our clients remain independent while still getting the support they need. We tailor our support to each client’s lifestyle and care requirements. Saga Healthcare was formed just over 1 year ago and has the buzz, excitement and challenge of a ‘start-up’ but with the strong support and backing of Saga PLC.
* To become the UK’s most trusted, bespoke and premium Homecare provider of choice
* To make the lives of our clients better
* To give our carers skill and the time to care
* To help our team become the best through the Saga Way
As the Financial Accountant you will run the core finance processes day to day for Saga Healthcare. Saga Healthcare comprises two agency businesses Patricia Whites and Country Cousins, the new Saga Care at Home offering and the SOS assisted technology product.
With support and coaching from the Head of Finance, you will take responsibility for X2 direct reports. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the finance function from purchase ledger, credit control, invoicing, expenses and an element of month end and weekly reporting. You will work alongside the Management Accountant who is responsible for the P+L and all elements of management and board reporting.
Initially your role will be very hands on including helping the existing team run core processes and chasing debt.
As your experience grows you will be expected to drive an improvement agenda moving the business to Direct Debits only payment collection, automated billing and client communication and tightening processes and controls as well as developing ‘best in class’ credit control. You will have the opportunity to business partner and help drive the right financial and commercial behaviour through the organisation.
* Manage and lead the team to ensure prompt payment to suppliers and carers (AP function).
* Ensure invoice timing is up to date and payments are collected and booked on time (AR).
* Lead billing improvement for Saga Healthcare.
* Bank reconciliation and cash controls.
* Month end intercompany journals.
* Fixed asset capex reporting and controls.
* Provide cover for Weekly reporting to the Management Accountant.
* Ensure timely submission of Weekly/Monthly payment runs.
* Report on debtors and proactively chase down and advise on debts in a controlled and professional manner.
* Support the timely production of robust budgets and forecasts including 12 month rolling forecasts.
* Become knowledgeable in Saga Healthcare’s systems to understand and improve processes.
* To set performance standards and objectives for team.
* To prepare the VAT return in line with UK legislation.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Strong PC skills including MS Office (Excel to advanced level)
* Demonstrate the ability to work to strict deadlines and tight timelines
* Demonstrate the ability to deal with a number of conflicting priorities simultaneously and to prioritise accordingly
* Good level of commercial awareness
Education and Qualifications:
* Educated to A Level standard
* Good GCSE grades in Maths and English
* Preferably studying to ACCA or equivalent
* Effective written and oral communication skills
* Can work under pressure and meet deadlines
* Can multi-task and effectively prioritise
* Self-starter able to manage own workload
* Inquisitive mind to drive change and understand route cause system and process issues
* God at team work and motivating teams
* First class customer service
* Good degree of accuracy
* Able to analyse data
* Good interpersonal skills & ability to interact at all levels with composure
* “Can do” attitude / pragmatic approach to problem solving & identification of solutions
* Flexible / customer centric
* Professional / ethical / Confidential
The duties above are not exhaustive. Additional hours of work may be required, as determined by the needs of the business. Due to the size of the business you may occasionally be required to undertake additional duties, responsibilities and projects as appropriate.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.