22 days ago
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you a qualified accountant looking to your next role in a fast moving retail environment? Do you have the ability to provide accounting advice and insights from financial data, and a keen attention to detail? Then we'd love to hear from you!
WHY WORK FOR THE BODY SHOP?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
WHO ARE NATURA &CO?
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura &Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969.
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
Lead the Financial Accounting Team responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of the accounting process on behalf of Global Finance.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
* Accountable for leading and mentoring the Financial Accountants to ensure all deadlines and requirements are met - provide clear guidance to the team and prioritise tasks when there are competing priorities and during periods of intensive workload
* Responsible for all month/quarter/ year end requirements, including - journals; provisions and accruals; reporting; and reconciliations. This includes any external audit requirements and other reporting requirements
* Responsible for the end to end Fixed and Intangible asset process, reconciliation and reporting of all fixed asset balances
* Responsible for the Intercompany process, including the recording, reconciliation and reporting process
* Responsible for Stock reconciliation, provision calculation, and postings on a monthly/quarterly basis
* Accountable for other key processes including IFRS 16 lease accounting, gift card and loyalty scheme deferred income calculations for the TBS group
* Full qualified ACA or ACCA essential
* Previous experience of managing a team
* Previous experience of working in an international finance environment
* Knowledge of SAP/BW or similar systems
* Extensive knowledge of MS Office with an intermediate/advanced understanding of Excel
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent organisational skills combined with accuracy and attention to detail
* Understanding of international accounting practices and standards
Our Head Office “Home of The Body Shop” is located in the heart of Littlehampton, West Sussex. On site there is a state of the art distribution centre, conference centre, a 1950’s ‘Uncle Fred’s Diner’, a nursery and an onsite allotment area for staff.
Want to join the Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary, here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, access to Perks At Work our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development. We have also implemented ‘Work Wise’ into our HQ - flexibility of ‘in-office’ hours, the ability to work remotely and a new meeting charter. Here at The Body Shop we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!