5 months ago
Financial Crime Analyst - London
Financial Crime Analyst - London
South East England
Develop your career at the heart of our business
We have a great opportunity for a Financial Crime Analyst, to join our Financial Crime team in our London Office.
The Financial Crime Analyst will work closely with the team’s SMEs, across Santander, in order to support delivery of effective reporting to Senior Management. The role holder will also act as the primary point of contact for all Financial Crime related matters, including advising the Line 1 Financial Crime teams on how to interpret and implement Santander UK Financial Crime Policies and Standards.
Our Financial Crime team is all about protecting our customers, shareholders, and the communities that support us from increasingly complex threats. It’s about more than money. Financial crime funds a wide range of criminal activities that put real people at risk every day. And with so much at stake, simply adhering to legal controls and regulations isn’t enough. That’s why we’re developing a world-class environment for crime prevention. Join us in work that really matters.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Financial Crime Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Being the primary point of contact for all Financial Crime related matters (AML, CTF, ABC, Sanctions and Tax Evasion), including advising the Line 1 Financial Crime teams on how to interpret and implement Santander UK Financial Crime Policies and Standards.
* Managing the team’s mailbox in order to comply with agreed SLAs, including dealing with queries and/or distribution to relevant SMEs as appropriate.
* Reviewing and challenging Financial Crime risk management reports and the MI produced by relevant stakeholders, including identification of trends/ high risk issues and escalating the key issues along with appropriate recommendations to the Senior Manager in a timely manner.
* Collating Financial Crime related information for the senior management committees, senior governance forums and other teams as required.
* Maintenance of team’s internal trackers/ logs/ MI, including tracking risks, issues and actions.
* Leading and / or supporting on various admin related matters.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Proven working knowledge of the global and UK legislative and regulatory framework for FC (Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption).
* Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to communicate confidently to stakeholders at all levels.
* Sound organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
* Experience in a metrics and reporting role, ideally within a Financial Crime context.
* Proven analytical skillset.
* Excellent communication skills.
* ICA Financial Crime diploma, or equivalent, desirable.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.