5 months ago
Financial Crime Escalations Analyst (CRA) - London
Financial Crime Escalations Analyst (CRA) - London
Develop your career at the heart of our business
As a Financial Crime Escalations Analyst (CRA) you will be supporting the daily review of escalated FC queries by Line 1 teams across Corporate Banking customers including financial institutions, public institutions and multi-national corporates throughout the customer lifecycle. It’s a highly varied and interesting role, where you’ll refine and develop sought-after Financial Crime skills that will influence the rest of your career.
Our Financial Crime team is all about protecting our customers, shareholders, and the communities that support us from increasingly complex threats. It’s about more than money. Financial crime funds a wide range of criminal activities that put real people at risk every day. And with so much at stake, simply adhering to legal controls and regulations isn’t enough. That’s why we’re developing a world-class environment for crime prevention. Join us in work that really matters.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Financial Crime Escalations Analyst (CRA) your main responsibilities will be
* Reviewing escalated Customer Risk Assessment alerts; making risk based decisions on Enhanced Due Diligence files for high risk clients.
* Investigating alerts, where required, using established processes and procedures and escalating complex queries.
* Promptly and accurately producing regular MI reports on events for senior management to feed into key governance meetings.
* Raising internal reports on potential sanctions links, PEP matches and other suspicious activities.
* Providing FC advice and guidance to Line 1 team to support the assessment of FC risks associated with Santander UK Corporate Bank customers during on-boarding, on-going review and off-boarding.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Proven working knowledge of the global legislative and regulatory framework for Financial Crime, including anti-money laundering, sanctions, anti-bribery and corruption.
* Experience in a related financial crime investigations role.
* Understanding of the Bank’s Corporate Banking products and services and Financial Crime frameworks, policies, procedures and processes.
* Good analytical and financial interpretation skills with the ability to convert and consolidate complex data into simple messages and report.
* Excellent presentation skills and the confidence to influence to colleagues at all levels.
* Good stakeholder engagement skills, paired with ability to work effectively with front office, compliance and other key stakeholders.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.