14 days ago
Financial Crime Transaction Monitoring Analyst - London
Financial Crime Transaction Monitoring Analyst - London
Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers
As a Transaction Monitoring Analyst, you’ll act as a trusted advisor across Financial Crime, analysing and reacting to alerts relating to Corporate Banking customers including financial and public institutions and multi-nationals. This role forms a key part of the bank’s first line of defence against Financial Crime, and provides incredible opportunities for personal and professional growth, where you’ll develop specialist skills that will support you in carving out a career based on your own ambitions.
Our Financial Crime team is all about protecting our customers, shareholders, and the communities that support us from increasingly complex threats. It’s about more than money. Financial crime funds a wide range of criminal activities that put real people at risk every day. And with so much at stake, simply adhering to legal controls and regulations isn’t enough. That’s why we’re developing a world-class environment for crime prevention. Join us in work that really matters.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Transaction Monitoring Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Analysing alerted payments or trades for potential Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing risks, following agreed guidelines and procedures.
* Investigating customer transactions as part of periodic and event-driven customer KYC reviews, using a variety of tools including internal systems, internet searches, proprietary and third party databases.
* Engaging with relevant stakeholders including front-office relationship managers.
* Formally escalating confirmed suspicious activities to the Suspicious Activity Reporting Unit.
* Compiling and advising on investigation data for market alerts.
* Observing industry trends and speaking up with potential opportunities to improve our tools, processes and products.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Experience in Markets; insider dealing, trading
* Significant experience in the financial services industry, and a deep understanding of market products.
* A structured approach to the investigations of alerts, and the ability to translate complex data into clear messages and engaging messages.
* A working knowledge of our Financial Crime frameworks, policies, procedures and processes.
* Strong presentation skills, and the confidence to influence to colleagues at all levels.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.