7 months ago
You will act as the liaison between the financial planning teams and the QRM Framework used to prepare and validate their financial forecasts.
* prepare an opening balance sheet position;
* analyse and reconcile the opening position to the underlying BI data sources;
* accept and validate financial forecast inputs from the Finance and Strategy Business Partnering Team;
* create input tables for use by the QRM Framework;
* operate the QRM Framework to generate the Society’s financial forecasts; and
* validate and analyse the output from QRM and pass the results back to the planning teams.
QRM is an application being continuously improved and developed to ensure it meets the ongoing requirements of the Society. New ideas to make things better are always welcomed and you will find yourself encouraged to identify, design, test and implement improvements to the existing QRM Framework models.
QRM is a powerful, but complex, application. In the right hands, it is capable of providing valuable insight into the Society’s financial forecasts. Be prepared to be challenged at all stages and to use your powers of deduction to get to an answer. You will need to analyse, challenge, test and validate what you see at every stage of the process. When the unexpected happens, or things go wrong, you will have the capability, and the confidence, to step in and put things right.
This is a busy role with time pressures and milestones to deliver, so balancing conflicting priorities will be part of your day-to-day activity. The business will be relying on you for validated financial forecasts that are accurate and delivered on time.
You will be a self-starter, diligent in your delivery of the day-to-day tasks, and capable of using initiative in identifying and solving the inevitable problems that will arise. You will monitor your own progress towards project milestones, and work as necessary to ensure their delivery. Through training and experience-gained, you will be expected to become familiar with all aspects of QRM and to develop your capability to shape the application to deliver the requirements of the Society.
Your analytical skills will be strong and you will be confident in your Excel modeling capabilities. You will be an effective communicator able to use a variety of media appropriate to the intended audience. A certificate in Lean Competency would be a plus, but more importantly, you’ll be highly driven with a desire to succeed in an environment where opportunities are plentiful and even the smallest voice can be heard.
About the Society
When you become a Skipton colleague you’ll be supported with a structured development plan and opportunities to progress your career. The sky’s the limit for proactive individuals prepared to set their own agenda. A pension plan, life cover, generous holiday allowance, childcare vouchers and product discounts are available too – all within a high-performing organisation that encourages colleagues to be curious and challenge the mainstream.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where every colleague has an opportunity to fulfil their career potential. This includes consideration for anyone seeking a more flexible work-life balance. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with your hiring manager.
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
* Group Personal Pension Plan
* Life Cover
* 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
* SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
* Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
* Childcare vouchers
* Head Office onsite shop and internet cafe
* An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
* Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
* Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
* Eye Tests