4 months ago
Forecast Analyst Specialist (118630)
: Architecture and solution design
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-Avon-Bristol
: UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-London-London
Salary : Competitive
: Jul 19, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Forecast Analyst Specialist
Bristol/London/Ipswich - Part Time working considered
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
Customer demand and technical forecasts enable BT to plan the network, making sure deployment is ideal in terms of capacity & cost.
Forecasts allow for optimum Design decisions to be made.
Forecasts allow business cases to be developed and projects to be costed.
It enables strategic decision making and supports envelope network costings.
What you'll be doing
- Support the production of the customer and technical demand forecasts for use by the design and planning teams across Technology, as well as Group and CFUs. This includes working with the customers of the forecast to understand what should be included.
- Support the Senior Forecasting Manager to develop the Customer Demand Forecasts which outlines the forecast demand from our customers.
- Produce customer and Network insights involving the use of a large number of tools and data sources across many areas including our outsource partners and MBNL, with challenges relating to access, reliability, data quality, and using so many of them.
- Carry out network modelling, data gathering and analysis of network statistics to produce the technical demand forecast (reliable analysis based on incomplete or untrusted information).
- Influence the Senior Forecasting Manager and/or the commercial areas of BT Group, ensuring Line of Business Marketing/Finance mid to long term Mobile requirements are accurate and realistic.
- To work closely with the Designers to ensure Technical Demand Forecast incorporates their requirements with the resources available.
- Decide on key assumptions to underpin the Technical Demand Forecast which is the input for the medium term plan and capacity plans.
- To develop new demand models, including developing inputs to be agreed with the stakeholders and sourcing the information required. Layering movable project demands in to the Technical Demand Forecast.
- Provide consultancy, expert advice, guidance and recommendations on capacity and forecast requirements and modelling and techniques to the design and planning teams in TSO.
- Supporting projects by carrying out data gathering, network modelling and analysis. Including, understanding the proposed solution design & options, supporting creation of forecasts and assisting the Design Authorities with capacity requirements.
We'll also need to see these on your CV
- Ability to comprehend, analyse and interpret complex data and statistics.
- Works effectively in a complex, continually changing, technically challenging environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own and others workload, to ensure delivery of long- and short- term objectives.
- Good communicator (written and oral), able to communicate at all knowledge levels, able to simplify and explain technical topics easily understood form.
- Produce, develop and maintain complex models of network demand.
- Strong organisational awareness of internal process, delivery organisation and key stakeholders.
- Broad commercial knowledge and understanding of telecommunications market, products, trends and usage.
- Ability to successfully manage change and to drive a philosophy of continuous. improvement including the development of policies, procedures and processes.
- Good knowledge of performance and configuration management tools.
Why choose us?
We are in an incredibly competitive industry and it’s not just the technology that’s important, but the world of promise it creates for our customers. We live and work in a connected world where people want seamless service, great products and the best connectivity there is, as well as continually expecting more and more from us, and rightly so. Technology is BT’s powerhouse, with our expert technologists, we have a unique position in BT. By bringing together our technical and commercial expertise, and our insight and passion for customer experience, we help BT stand out from the competition. With the best networks and smart innovative products, combined with a personal experience, it sets us apart from the pack.
Innovation drives everything we’ve done since BT started in 1846. Coming up with new ideas and developing new technologies is central to our future. We want to improve people’s lives for the better in welcome, relevant and affordable ways and we’ll be fast to market with an effortless experience to match. We will continue to focus on developing our converged network capabilities which will give customers seamless connectivity. Our skilled people will lead this technological revolution, not only for our customers but for the industry across the Globe, truly making customers our heartbeat.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.