3 months ago
Up to £60,000 dependent on experience
Category: Trade Marketing Jobs
As the Reserving & Profitability Manager in the FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) team you will:
• Lead claims reserving for AXA PPP in line with AXA group policy, accounting standards and the regulator.
• Oversee all claims reserve reporting requirements for the statutory accounts, Solvency II, PRA and Board reporting.
• Produce documentation and commentary to explain and justifying reserve choices for both internal and external audiences.
• Own reserve process controls.
• Develop 1st line claims reserving methodology in line with recommendations from 2nd line reviews and internal/ external audits.
• Deliver value adding analysis to the business, supporting the understanding of reported vs. underlying profitability.
• Support the business in understanding drivers of underwriting over and underperformance, and the expected outcomes of remediation activity.
• Support the wider FP&A team in forecasting and long term strategic planning by providing insight into loss ratio performance and future claims trends.
• Lead actuarial input into projects, including the new insurance accounting standard, IFRS17.
• Manage a team of 2-3 expert analysts
As an ideal candidate you will have experience within the insurance and financial services sector. Expert working knowledge/understanding of accounting/ actuarial principles and the ability to understand/analyse complex financial information.
A qualified accountant e.g. ACCA, ACA, CIMA or studying actuary. With your strong technical accounting and actuarial knowledge/ skills you will display a high degree of commercial acumen and analytical ability.
Strong relationship management. Strong communication (both verbal and written), negotiation and influencing skills. Advanced Excel skills and Access skills. Ability to work under pressure.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance brand, a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA PPP healthcare is leading the way to better health. We’re one of the UK's largest and most experienced private medical insurance providers, and we’ve been helping people access the medical care they need, when and where they need it, for over 70 years now.
What We Offer
An amazing array benefits on offer.
AXA is proud to support the needs of our employees and as such understands everyone has individual work and home life responsibilities. We are therefore happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role.
Important notice: We’ve recently become aware of a recruitment scam in which candidates are asked to be interviewed on Google Hangouts. It is not our policy to conduct interviews via Google Hangouts (we much prefer face-to-face), so if you have been asked to do this, please let the recruitment team know and we’ll do our best to advise you. Likewise, if you’re unsure if the person you’re speaking to is genuinely an AXA recruiter or the job you’re ing for is legitimately from AXA, please get in touch and we can check for you. We cannot be held responsible for any interviews conducted without our knowledge and authorisation. If you’re unsure and would like some advice, feel free to get in touch with our recruitment team.