4 months ago
As a Front End Developer in Advertising Technology you’ll work closely with the team to ensure delivery of efficient, and maintainable code within our advertising framework and supporting systems. You will be part of a team that strives to provide the best solutions for monetising our content whilst striving to not compromise on user experience.
Technology Department Summary
The advertising technology team works in collaboration with the platform, business intelligence, CMS, e-commerce, engineering, and operations teams to maintain and develop Futures core brand websites. Working together the teams ensure that our sites are fast, at the forefront of technical innovation, are bug free, have great UX, and provide valuable monetisation solutions for our content.
Key role responsibilities
* Under the supervision of Senior Developers and Tech Leads you will ensure that code is well scoped, monitored, documented, and testable.
* You will be responsible for tracing bugs across the web stack helping to ensure the correct team knows about issues that arise. If responsibility for the bug falls within your team you will ensure that suitable tests are set up to avoid future regressions.
* You will work with your team to review both your own and other’s code before it goes through a final QA process and into production.
* You will be able to communicate effectively with your team, asking questions and sharing knowledge to ensure you can all work effectively.
* Your tasks will consist mostly of work with client side code. However, due to our close work with other development teams you will need to be able to understand how our front end ad tech systems fit into the larger environment and interact with the server side systems.
* You will work on the supporting build, test, and continuous integration systems that enable the effective delivery of the advertising framework.
Essential skills and experience
* You have used version control systems, ideally Git.
* You are able to work effectively within a team, there are a lot of systems to learn and the experience your team members can share with you will be invaluable.
* You understand the importance of testing to ensure quality. You are able to design and implement relevant tests to ensure bugs are caught before making it to production.
* You understand the basics of how a web page and its assets are delivered and rendered.
* You are able to communicate technical information to non-technical people as needed.
* You are looking for a role that will have you working on a variety of systems and technologies. Your work will vary from task to task so you should be adaptable and comfortable moving between different components and systems.
* You are able to work on a Mac or willing to learn.
Desirable skills and experience
* Experience of using JS frameworks (React, Angular, etc).
* Experience with and understanding of the strengths of functional programming.
* Experience with RxJS/Streams.
* Experience with Node JS.
* Experience with browser development tools.
* You understand the basics of caching for high traffic services.
* Have some projects of your own you can share and talk us through.