3 months ago
Don’t just follow digital trends, Help create one.
Why AMEX Travel Technology Systems?
This role is part of the team supporting the unique Travel and Lifestyle Services (TLS) International team. TLS is unique within American Express in offering card members access to American Express’s deep history and expertise in travel and lifestyle experiences as a perk of carrying a card. Delivering that value is as complex as it is important, and technology is at its centre.
The team works closely with business partners to develop blueprints & roadmaps for future capabilities, with a strong focus on defining and implementing strategic solutions. This is achieved by having a deep understanding the existing capabilities, the business strategy and vision, priorities and pain points.
We have a need for a UX Engineer able to deliver in modern web UX systems, and especially ReactJS and Redux.
The job is for you if you:
* Are a creative software developer who enjoys learning as much as you enjoy coding
* Bring energy, imagination and drive to solve problems. You should like taking measured risks within a supporting team and leadership, and actively share the learning that comes from taking them (whether they work out or not)
* Have a proven track record in complex defect resolution, originating new technology solutions and working closely with business partners and project managers
* Love working collaboratively and can apply your technical ability to a demanding business environment
What’s in it for you?
* You get to be hands on, owning software delivery end to end within high profile applications
* You will work collaboratively with the business and other technical team members
* You’ll design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, evaluate, modify, deploy and document software and systems and see the impact on customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications
* Two for one, learn about the travel industry and card business, and the tech to support it
* You’ll work with an excellent encouraging Director and team
* You’ll have access to an almost endless supply of cake and chocolate
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* More than anything we want you to have experience with design and coding in ReactJS and Redux, ideally in a commercial environment or as part of a substantial academic experience
* Fluency in HTML 5.0, CSS and a core understanding of modern browser behavior is a must
* An acquaintance with Java and RDBMS (especially Postgres) will speed debugging through some of the back end implementations; in addition a solid understanding of elastic cloud technologies will help with getting your work into production quickly.
You should be ready to deliver software within an agile framework and methodology. The emphasis is on self-starting and a lean focus on the business goal.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to
support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
Health care scheme
Defined contribution pension plan
Core holiday allowance with opportunity to
buy or sell additional days
A range of flexible benefits to choose from
designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments,
critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
Employee Discount Portal
Back up childcare/adultcare
Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes,
Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse,
Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team.on firstname.lastname@example.org orfree phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 21, 2019, 3:32:02 AM