3 months ago
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
Do you have the ability to put together unique cutting-edge customer facing solutions that increase business value and customer engagement by leveraging strong architectural and UX principles and that are data driven? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills to help influence and drive results across a diverse organization.
American Express is embarking on an exciting digital transformation driven by an energetic team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our Technology and Product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across the globe through various channels, join our team!
We are looking for a great solid fullstack developer who is proficient with React.js and GraphQL. Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux). You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
* Developing new user-facing features using React.JS and building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
* Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
* Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
* Owning the designs of pieces of the systems, accounting for reliability and availability including identifying and handling failure modes
* Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
* Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software.
* Actively participate in team and company-wide architecture and engineering discussions and forums
* Be a Change Agent and willing to challenge status quo while helping to drive the necessary changes
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Proven of GraphQL professional or open-source experience.
* Expert level hands on experience and understanding of React.js and its core principles
* Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
* Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
* Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
* Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
* CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
* Health care scheme
* Defined contribution pension plan
* Dental scheme
* Virtual GP
* Life assurance
* Income protection
* Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
* A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
* Employee Discount Portal
* Back up childcare/adultcare
* Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team.on email@example.com orfree phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 5, 2019, 4:48:07 AM