Front End Web developer position has recently become available for our unique Colchester based client who have recently been recognised for being the UK’s highest profile companies in their field, therefore making this opportunity and extremely exciting front-end web developers opportunity. Our client is in the forefront of their industry, building a technical centre of excellence in the East and your role as front end web developer can help in making this even more award winning. In return for your experience in this role our client can offer you a dynamic, fast moving, rapidly growing environment, where they value creativity and innovation, technical excellence and responsibility/ownership. In your role as front end web developer you’ll work on a variety of projects on the company’s own award-winning site, to help build customer reach and engagement, for example internationalisation, mobile sites and partner tools.
· Closely working with a cross-functional creative and technical team on a range of new projects using cutting-edge technologies.
· Handling a variety of projects on the company’s award-winning site, to help build customer reach and engagement, for example internationalisation, mobile sites and partner tools.
· Work alongside the wider team on tight deadlines with a well organised, detailed and accurate manner.
· Work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others
· Ability to take ownership of a project or issue, analyse it and solve problems not faced before
· Within this role, you will be using the following languages, frameworks, processes and tools:
· Version control – Git
· HTML (5), CSS (3)
· Build automation - Grunt, Webpack, LESS
· Client-side scripting, modular JS (ES6) development. Non-jQuery reliant.
· Knowledge of PHP. Symfony ideal.
· UI/UX best practices
· Image processing using GIMP/Photoshop
· Strong communication skills, both technically and non-technically
· SEO best practices
· Behaviour driven development (BDD)
· Optimising the front end for scalability and maintainability
· Champion of modern development practices and tools, eg Continuous Delivery, Source Control, TDD
· Ability to take ownership of a project or issue, analyse it and solve problems
· Mobile web and/or native development
· Experience with agile development methodologies
Benefits to you
· Competitive salary paying up to £55k dependant on experience plus bonus
· 22 days holiday rising each year up to 25 days plus bank holidays
· Paid sick pay after probation
· Monday to Friday with flexi hours offered
· Discount on travel costs if using public transport
· Town centre location
· Beautiful new modern offices
· Great team environment
· Potential to really be part of an evolving team and company
· Chance to be part of a fast growing company
If you have not heard back from us within 10 days your application has been unsuccessful.