2 months ago
Tesco Mobile is an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) and joint venture between O2 (Telefonica UK) and Tesco. Launched in 2003 it has grown rapidly to become the UK`s largest MVNO with a customer base of 5.0m (2018) and 99% network coverage in the UK. We have an award winning customer care service and in 2016 won "Best Value Pay Monthly", "Best PAYG Network" and "High Street Retailer of the year" at the uSwitch Awards.
The DevOps team is part of wider change department, its main focus is managing the order entry systems to allow Phone Shop, Telesales and online users to buy new propositions and upgrade.
The teams responsibilities include: Roadmap planning, analysis and design, development, testing, deployment and the run and operate of the platforms.
About The Role
The Tesco Mobile DevOps team is a truly cross functional team responsible for both the product development as well as the running and operations of multiple bespoke IT solutions.
As a Developer in the DevOps team, you'll be responsible for designing, coding and delivering business requirements for the Tesco Mobile DevOps team. You will be part of a team of talented developers working on different technologies to support the business and working along Business Analysts and Testers to deliver the new functionality. All the members of the team work on all areas, such as Frontend, Backend, Infrastructure, Deployment because we think this is the way to grow and understand fully E2E the platform.
We work using SCRUM and Kanban Agile methodologies to maintain and create new software.
* Develop and Unit Test new functionality
* Design new functionality and platforms
* Create and design development pipeline towards CI/CD
* Develop deployment tools needed for our day to day work
* Take an active role in code reviews
* Take an active role in Knowledge Sharing Sessions
* Work along the rest of the team (Devs/QA/Scrum Master/BA) during the sprint
Key skills & Experience
* Experience with AWS or cloud infrastructure
* Strong Unix/Linux background
* Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
* Continuous integration pipeline knowledge (we use Jenkins)
* Git/Github knowledge
* Experience of working with an agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban)
* Understanding of the Software Development lifecycle (SLDC) from design to live service.
* Experience with Scrum tools (JIRA)
* Effective communication skills with an ability to collaborate and work as a team player
Your Adventure starts here