4 months ago
* Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Economics or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with SQL queries and data visualization tools (Tableau) to deliver results/insights.
* Experience as an analyst or analytical role (mobile games/business analyst for internet/e-commerce, marketing analytics).
* Experience analyzing large datasets to derive insights and create new metrics.
* Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Economics or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience working with Python, R or similar languages.
* Experience working at a games company in an analytical role.
* Understanding of mobile app ecosystems with a passion for digital content and games.
* Detail-oriented with the ability to self-direct work in an unstructured environment.
* Excellent analytical and written/verbal communication skills and ability to communicate credibly with external partners, diverse business leaders and internal engineering teams.
About the job
The Developer Business Growth team is a group within the Google Play BD organization whose goal is to maximize the success of our partner’s new and existing games. We seek to quantifiably and sustainably improve their performance by leveraging Google Play and developer data, as well as our own deep experience as games developers. We drive business growth via extended collaboration with developer teams in areas such as user acquisition/re-engagement, game economies, subscriptions, and more.
Members of the Developer Growth team are equal parts consultants, analysts, and product managers comfortable being nose deep in data as well as presenting findings to executives.
* Perform analyses/deep dives of individual games, identifying areas of improvement to suggest to game developers. Partner with growth consultants and work independently.
* Develop industry-wide insights and metrics to help grow the ecosystem through presentations and blog articles.
* Develop and maintain data infrastructure for other growth consultants and analysts, as well as cross-functional teams.
* Partner with analysts and engineering teams to onboard new datasets.