3 months ago
Global Category Manager: Customer Marketing
External Job Description
Context & Purpose of role:
* The Marketing Procurement team leads the development and execution of marketing category strategies across 80% of the total marketing spend within Diageo’s 21 markets, as well as the Global Brand teams (GBTs) and Global Travel.
* The team contributes significantly to Diageo’s growth goals through the application of these category strategies, a strong focus on driving value and ROI from our A&P, as well as applying sourcing and vendor management excellence.
* Within the Marketing A&P, the Customer area plans to deliver in excess of £50m+ globally in value creation in F19, through sourcing, negotiation, ROI optimisation and agency / supplier vendor management, leveraging the sweet spot between efficiencies and effectiveness of our A&P investment.
* This role will involve leading the BTL (below the line) category working closely with in-market procurement teams facilitating sourcing decisions with key stakeholders, supporting the maximisation of value as well as ROI, whilst minimising risk, from all external spend - assuring quality of delivery and performance. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for formulating and shaping the BTL global category strategy which will serve as a blueprint to our markets around the world.
* The role will also lead / support key global improvement and transformation projects across Global Marketing Procurement and support the wider marketing efficiency productivity agenda.
* The Customer Category is a portfolio of categories to include Experiential, Point of Sale, VAP/Gifting, Dispense, Creative for Customer which includes BTL Creative; the current spend across this whole area is circa £550m+ and the sourcing activities are very varied and basically encompass everything Diageo do to activate in the on-trade, Off-trade and Third space channels both products and services.
* The category mix is constantly evolving as we drive M&E harder and form a better understanding of how we can optimise activities and we can therefore make more data driven choices in how to best invest our A&P spend.
* Be the global procurement lead for the BTL category. Responsibility for building and executing category strategy across our 21 markets. Ensure that markets have right agency for task across both create and adapt areas.
* Drive value through ensuring the commercial elements of spend in BTL are executed brilliantly with our vendors, maximising productivity opportunities.
* Implement the BTL Global Category Strategy through outstanding business partnering with in market procurement and marketing stakeholders.
* Supplier Performance Management – Support In Market Procurement to set supplier KPI priorities to drive consistency across markets improving the value of data output and act as an escalation point for poor performance
* Supplier Relationship Management – Working with Strategic Suppliers, build collaboration to unlock breakthrough opportunities for the business.
* Pro-active identification of Risk Factors within Category and Development of mitigation plans
* Continuously seeks out opportunities for improvement including leveraging new ideas from other parts of the business, suppliers and shares this across the business.
* Generate insights and opportunities through internal and external benchmarking activity.
Qualifications and Experience required:
* Relevant Graduate qualification
* Strong Procurement or Commercial experience managing marketing spend
* Clear evidence of BTL knowledge and how to leverage value, with direct experience across total consumer categories preferable
* Strong project and change management capabilities
* Proven ability to develop team profile as an authentic business partner in a global business
OPEN TO A CONVERSATION ON FLEXIBLE WORKING
Type of Job
Park Royal 7HQ