Are you an experienced Global Product Owner with a desire to use your expertise to shape ways of working? Are you eager to join a growing team of passionate individuals focussed on accelerating digital commerce growth for our brands and markets?
We are expanding our team to develop key capability that is critical to our success and have a great opportunity for a Global Product Owner – Product Experience Management (PxM) to join our Consumer Healthcare Global Digital Commerce Marketing team in London!
In this newly created role reporting to the Global Digital Commerce Marketing Director, you will be responsible for driving the strategic roadmap, expansion and utilization of GSK Consumer Healthcare’s Product Experience Management (PxM) solution.
Our global PxM strategy is targeted at ensuring our portfolio of brands are found and bought by our consumers and shoppers on global and local retail platforms. Our PxM solution will help accelerate best in class product experiences on external facing platforms ensuring we deliver brand growth by maximising channel opportunities to drive findability, conversion, and competitive performance. The principle focus of this strategy and solution is to support accelerated digital commerce sales growth by enabling our teams to leverage product marketing content more effectively in digital channels. You will be primarily responsible for deploying this strategy, leveraging the technology choices we have made as well as ensuring that we have a best in class roadmap that equips our business for the future.
• Partnering with local market brand, digital & eCommerce managers to implement the Product in priority markets ensuring our teams can leverage global and local product marketing content effectively to drive product growth on 3rd party retail platforms.
• Collaborate across content & commerce teams to drive forward best in class consumer/shopper experiences with an explicit focus on growth driving tactics for digital commerce touchpoints.
• Overseeing the successes of the Products overall deployment across the Americas, APAC & EMEA.
• Ability to work with local market and area teams to map and understand the full end-to-end processes, landscapes, work and data flows that support successful activation and utilisation in new markets.
• Ensuring that projects related to PxM are relentlessly focused on delivering value for our customers, driving near and medium-term growth for our brands; including identifying expansion opportunities and managing the product in steady state.
• Understanding industry trends and opportunities in this space and translating those into opportunities and active projects for GSK Consumer Healthcare.
• Overall global governance of the solution to support local instances with their operating models, workflows and ways of working, maximising opportunities for content optimisation with our key retail partners.
• Representing our global PxM solution to our governance boards and steering committees, including prioritizing initiatives & features in partnership with the Product Manager in support of the strategic direction of PxM.
• Collaborating with other Digital Commerce and Operations Product Owners to identify and deliver joint value opportunities for our customers that supports our overall Commerce strategy and Digital ambition.
• Accountable for managing business budgets and expenditure related to PxM, project managers, development and vendor resources where required.
• Build excellent partnerships with our platform and services partners. Seek to operate as a “one team” with our customers at the centre of all activities and incentives.
• Helping to define and report against KPIs on the product, operating model and processes with senior stakeholders, market teams, peers and the Product Management Team.
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission. Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we’ll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you develop your expertise as you create value for us.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 31st March 2019
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
• Bachelor’s degree in any related subject (Marketing, Business, Economics etc) or other relevant specialisation
• Significant experience of eCommerce &/or Digital Marketing
• Experience of working with technology/IT teams to deliver solutions would be advantageous
• Proven track record of driving a digital agenda in an organization with transformational results.
• Ability to build relationships and manage performance of key partners.
• Comfort with ambiguity, and building capabilities/organizations with very little definition.
• Excellent commercial and business acumen
• Able to work in a matrix organization driving collaboration across functions and stakeholders
• History of working with sales, marketing teams and large customers to drive growth initiatives
• Able to inspire, motivate and lead project teams to achieve outstanding content results
• Demonstrative positive energy to effectively represent internally and externally and drive project management of assets.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience in healthcare/consumer healthcare industry or with an understanding of regulatory environment in which we operate, would be advantageous.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
GSK Consumer Healthcare combines our strong pharmaceutical capabilities in regulatory, medical, drug manufacturing, and healthcare professional access - doctors, dentists, pharmacists - with best in class fast moving consumer goods capabilities - consumer insight, speed to market, brand focus and the ability to effectively partner with retailers. We call this combination of pharmaceutical and fast moving consumer goods capabilities ‘Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare’, and believe we are uniquely placed to become the first and best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare Company driven by science and values.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.