5 months ago
Global Travel Retail - Account Manager, London
External Job Description
At Diageo, Character is Everything
Our spirit, passion and sense of adventure reaches every part of the globe. We want our employee base to reflect the world around us, and to create a culture that is open-minded and inclusive. You’ll find people from diverse backgrounds working together to make our business and our communities stronger.
Global Travel operates in the unique and exclusive Travel Retail sector. Often referred to as the sixth continent, Travel Retail has its own set of inhabitants, geography and channels as well as its own unique commercial landscape (operating 24/7 across multiple languages and currencies with 200+ nationalities travelling annually).
From Bhutan to Botswana and from Venezuela to Vietnam, GT is the only market in Diageo which offers global scope and market accountability. Responsible for representing and selling our products in more than 110 countries around the world, and with access to billions of potential shoppers globally, we are a strategically important market for Diageo in terms of both profit and NSV.
Alcohol is a £10 billion business in travel retail and with passenger and aircraft numbers expected to double in the next 20 years, we have endless opportunities for growth for Diageo. Travel retail is where luxury, exclusivity and innovation meet, and with our winning portfolio of brands, winning executions and winning team - we are excited about what the future holds.
We are a young, dynamic business and have recently reshaped our structure, mission and vision in order drive greater focus around the delivery of ambitious business goals. We are passionate about what we do and are looking for exceptional, like-minded people to join our diverse, energetic team. The team is based in HQ in London so proximity to the office is essential.
About the role:
The role offers you the opportunity to work in an international team, experiencing the diversity that is the GT business. Operating in a diverse, dynamic environment, this role functions across a multi-country, multi-currency and multiple time zonal setting, serving a wide diversity of customers and operating in a complex mix of regulatory environments.
Understand what creates value for customers and delivers on it
• Sets guidelines and manages the governance of trade terms execution, accountable for sales driver audit and assessment for effectiveness of spend.
• Is instrumental in feeding back insights and understanding to the regional teams through effective M&E and work with CP&A team, Finance teams and Customer Marketing.
Manages and executes customer plans that deliver long term sustainable growth for us and our customers
• Develops and delivers with the team the Joined-Up Business Plans and directs the effective deployment of our Trade Investments to maximise value.
• Accountable for planning and evaluation of all trade investment, including the governance of promotional investment and execution to global guidelines.
• Delivers customer specific insights into the annual business planning process.
Drive Sales Execution
• Deliver the required local sales measures– specific execution on distribution, space, promo, activation, category & innovation.
• Local coaching and development of the 3rd party brand ambassadors ensuring the optimum deployment, working hours, priorities & targets.
• Key contact for execution agencies leading them through execution from start to finish.
About you and your background:
• Strong demonstrable Commercial & Customer Marketing experience coupled with sales field roles in another MNC, ideally in an FMCG
• Proven ability in developing and implementing strategy, solving complex problems and effective decision making.
• Inspiring a multi-functional sales and bringing the team on a journey to success.
• Excellent understanding of P&L management
Type of Job
Park Royal 7HQ