Events Assistant - Law Firm
12 month contract, with the potential to extend
Are you a recent graduate of marketing or a related subject looking for a role that will allow you to gain experience to fast-paced, global law firm? This is a rare opportunity to start your career in a growing law firm, where they have reached a point of critical mass, and are set for expansion.
Whilst initially a 12 month contract, if
Would you like to opportunity to work as part of a vibrant and friendly team, supporting a global events team to ensure the successful delivery of all logistical and operational elements for the firm's largest annual signature event in London?
The Events Assistant will have the opportunity to work closely with the senior events management team to support an ongoing events programme and a non-stop events calendar, so you will need to enjoy working at pace, and seeing events through to a successful conclusion, taking real pride in delegate experience!
- Providing support on logistics for events, including costings, research, event implementation etc.
- Drafting of event invites and managing the registration and invite process/monitoring RSVPs.
- Sending confirmations, reminders, dispatch of post event follow-up mailers.
- Liaising with fee earners and their PAs to create and amend mailing lists.
- Dealing with external events agencies as needed.
- Working internal and external teams to design events invitations.
- Organising room booking, catering, equipment, draft run sheets, etc.
- Researching venues and communication with the venue and site, exploring alternatives if needed.
- Assisting in the preparation of events materials alongside the print team.
- Preparing conference consignments.
- Events set-up and on-site delivery and break down for all events.
- Updating CRM system with attendee details, analysis and feedback.
- Attending events to register guests and hosts.
- Keeping partners and fee earners updated on forthcoming events, follow-ups and feedback.
- Promoting events via the website and social media platforms.
- Ensuring the events calendar is kept updated via the intranet.
- Creating mailing folders, tracking responses and amending records as needed.
- Printing labels, badges and place cards through the CRM templates.
- Educated to degree level in Marketing, Events, Business Management or another relevant subject (must have an element of marketing).
- Looking for a marketing/events role in a corporate, rather than consumer/social events type role.
- Strong typographic, layout and information design skills.
- Confident, personable and able to work successfully across many different stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational skills - including when working under pressure and at pace!
- Strong prioritisation skills, attention to detail and team-working skills.
- Flexible and accommodating attitude as out of hours work will be required on a regular basis.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experienced in using social media for business purposes.