6 months ago
The Thomson Reuters Foundation stands for free, independent journalism, human rights, women’s empowerment, and the rule of law. We expose corruption worldwide and play a leading role in the global fight against human trafficking. We use the skills, values, and expertise of Thomson Reuters to run programmes that trigger real change and empower people around the world, including free legal assistance, journalism and media training, coverage of the world’s under-reported stories, and the Trust Women Conference.
Thomson Reuters Foundation is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Graphic Designer to work as part of our creative/design and product team. Somebody with a creative flair and great communications skills to work with people from across the business; from legal, editorial, marketing and communications to product development and user experience.
Working as a Graphic Designer, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing and producing various in-house brochures and publications, working closely with the Foundations editorial team on daily news production including the design of infographics and data visualisations and also with the Foundation’s communications team on the execution of various marketing initiatives from social media promotions, print advertising campaigns to billboards and digital signage.
Within the role of Graphic Designer you will:
* Produce print designs for advertisements & marketing campaigns
* Design brochures and marketing collateral
* Design infographics and data visualisations to support editorial topics and special reports
* Design illustrations, maps and charts linked to news stories
* Provide social media design support
* Prepare presentations & visuals
* Design and create HTML emails
* Contribute as part of the design and user experience team on digital project builds
To be successful in the role of Graphic Designer you will:
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent) or have the equivalent experience with a portfolio of work
* Have a great working knowledge of Adobe creative suite applications including: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
* Have great communication and presentation skills and be able to work with stakeholders to generate ideas and drive creative solutions
* To be creative and adaptable with an eye for detail and excellent time management and organisational skills
* Have experience of designing for print
* To have a passion for design and a desire to learn and grow
* To be able to understand what works and appeals for different target audiences, and interpret briefs and objectives from multiple sources
* Excellent time management and communication skills are essential
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.