3 months ago
Design / Branding Agency
Category: Design Jobs
Close Date: Thursday 30th May
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
What do the team do?
This is a role within the multichannel creative team, reporting to the Senior Design Manager for Stores.
To be pioneers we need to deliver real innovation, which involves fresh thinking. Our multichannel team is no longer about a website, or a retail shop. It’s so much more. It is social media, it is on the device, it is a website that knows you and understands you, it is webchat that is helpful, it is that feeling when you walk into a store, with personalisation across all of these that‘s meaningful for the customer and makes it easy for them to get the most from their digital lives.
What part will you play in this?
This role is primarily responsible for creating and executing artwork to support marketing campaigns and trading messages within the store’s estate. In order to do this, you will work alongside business owners, product owners, content and editorial teams, marketing and legal professionals, as well as 3rd party vendors to understand needs and resolve problems in a clear and succinct design experience.
As a Print Designer, you’ll be expected to deliver both strategic and tactical creative, bringing creative flair to the design solutions you craft. You’ll be able to carry this work through to completion and communicate your work to stakeholders and the wider business, whilst being the guardian of our design ethos. You’ll be the voice of experience, bring to life the O2 vision and be able to presentation creative solutions for digital screens and POS at various fidelities (from scamp to presentation) within the retail estate. An understanding of online and mobile application design experience would also be beneficial.
Some more specific responsibilities:
Marketing Campaign and Execution
* Work with internal and external vendors and suppliers to produce all instore creative changeovers in a creative and timely manner, following the commercial and brand requirements from the initial brief to the print deadline from the production team.
* Working closely with the Senior Store Designer, continue to develop our creative execution across key fixtures and areas within our O2 shops. This involves careful review of the current creative execution, liaison with key stakeholders (commercial/marcomms) to develop and grow our POS offerings to maximum benefit.
* Ensure the creative adheres to the O2 Brand Guidelines, is accurate and demonstrates creative flair and layout within the brief parameters. Reduce inconsistencies.
* On approval of the final version of each element, ensure the artwork is thoroughly checked, sized and provided to the nominated printer.
* On approval of the final version of each element, ensure the layered .psd files are filed accordingly on the Studio Server for future reference.
* On approval of the final version of each element, provide layered .psd files to the Senior Digital Designer in a timely fashion.
* Ensure that the O2 studio approval system is used in the sign off process for all items.
* Demonstrate good understanding of our Retail estate and its different layouts and requirements.
* Working with the Head of Online Design & In store Creative, help to creatively develop and support local/regional offers at key times
* Produce and/or assist with the production of “ad-hoc” creative requirements such as internal communications, one off display items.
* Proactively and thoroughly manage administration relevant to the team. This will encompass filing of finished artworks, maintaining the studio server by timely archiving; ensuring image bank is kept updated, clearing down the FTP site to free space
What we’re looking for:
* In house or agency graphic designer experience
* A qualification in graphic design would be desirable
* Must be fluent in Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
* Good knowledge of pre-press and printing practice
* Ability to accurately amend and implement a pre-designed concept to finished artwork
* Understanding of online or mobile application design would be an advantage
But it`s not all about the experience, it`s about you and the passion you can bring to O2 in developing our people. Does this sound like you...?
* Enthusiasm and drive to deliever the very best creative
* Excellent attention to detail
* Great team player
* Great initiative and self starter
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.